Extraordinary

"Eda?" Luz dashed down the stairs, "Have you seen my shoes?"

Eda shook her head, "No, check with King."

The teenager groaned and ran back upstairs to find the demon, yelling "KING!" as she went.

Eda smiled slightly and thought back to Amity taking Luz's shoes with her when she left the Owl House the night before. Technically, however, Luz's shoes had been missing from her room for a little longer than that.

Lilith had finally figured out the spell to create a portal between the Boiling Isles and the human realm, so it was time for Luz to go back. No one wanted her to but eventually, they came around when Luz had promised that she would come back every summer, sooner if her mother let her.

In honor of Luz's departure, Eda had stolen Luz's shoes and had passed them to King, then Hooty, then Amity. The youngest Blight was going to give them to her siblings, then take them to school and pass them around.

"Ugh!" Luz ran back into the kitchen, "Eda! King doesn't know where they are either. Where could they be?"

The Owl Lady shrugged. "I don't know, kid. Did you leave them somewhere?"

"I don't think so. I'll check my room again."

Eda nodded, "Good idea."

She had to keep Luz busy until Hexside got out for the day and the others could get to the Owl House.

Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to keep Luz distracted. Eda kept her running around the house doing chores, all while barefoot. By the time Hooty announced the arrival of the Hexside students, the Owl House had almost been cleaned top to bottom.

Luz's face brightened when her friends piled inside. "What are you guys doing here?"

Willow hugged her, "We wanted to see you off."

Amity glanced at Eda, who nodded. The youngest Blight stepped forward and reached into her bag.

"Uhm, Luz?" She blushed as her siblings cooed teasingly from behind. "Shut up," She hissed at them.

"Yeah?" Luz tipped her head.

Amity pulled the human's shoes from her bag and held them out. "I think you might be missing these."

"Amity..." Luz took the pair and stared at them.

"Everyone signed them," Gus interrupted the moment of silence as Luz stared at her shoes.

"How did you do this?" Luz didn't try to hide the tears starting to well in her eyes.

King scampered over and wrapped his arms around Luz's leg. "It was Eda's idea," he explained. "She stole them. Hooty, Owlbert, Lilith, her, and I signed them, then Amity took them last night."

"Mittens passed them around at school today," Edric added, "She even got Boscha to sign them."

Luz looked back at the shoes and laughed when she saw Bye Human - Boscha signed on the side.

"How did you manage that?" Luz wrapped an arm around Amity's shoulders, who gratefully curled herself into her girlfriend's side.

Amity smiled, "I have my ways."

In truth, Amity hadn't had too much trouble convincing Boscha to sign. The grudgby captain had approached her privately and confessed that she would miss Luz and her "annoyingly optimistic personality". Amity had pulled the shoes from her bag and suggested Boscha add her signature to the mix. Boscha had accepted the marker with the preface of "Tell anyone what I said, and I will destroy you."