Chapter 5

"Avriel Kaplan!" Kirstie yells, and I retract my hands from her waist. She groans, and rolls onto her face. She scrambles out of bed, and I hear her puke. I run to her side, and hold back her hair. She wipes her mouth, but I rinse her gently with a washcloth. She wraps her hands around my neck, and gives me a lingering hug. "Avi, I did something bad."
"Yeah?" I wipe a strand of hair from her face, my hand moves down her cheek, and I pull my hand back.
"I hate drinking. I only had two, but someone spilled their drink on me, so I decided to mess with you. Alcohol always makes me puke. I meant everything I said last night."
I grab her waist, and pull her closer. "Everything?"
"Yeah," she blushed and looked down at the ground.
"Are you sure about everything?" I smirked.
"Yes, Avi!" she slammed her palms onto my chest playfully.
"Well, I'm gonna kiss you again, and you said I wouldn't."
"Wha-" Kirstie starts, but I move in slowly. Her hand snakes up my chest to around my neck. I look at her for a minute. The dark eye make up smeared, lips parted. Stunning. I place a firm hand on her waist, and kiss her gently. Her lips melt into mine, and we forget we're sitting on a bathroom floor, that we shouldn't be making out because-crap, Mitch and Kevin are coming for brunch.
I pull away gently.
"Kirstie, we have-" I start, but she pulls me by the collar, and our lips meet again. She slowly lays down on the floor, and I place my hands on the side of her waist to keep from crushing her.
"I know we have brunch," she pulls away, "but I don't want to get up and stuff. I'm happy doing this."
"Go get dressed."
"Can I shower in your shower? Mine is weak."
"Sure," I sigh. "I'll take a look at it later." I go into the bedroom and pick out some clothes. I choose a grey sweater that Mitch bought for me. He insisted, and it's cold outside, so. I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and stuff, but I remember you can see the silhouette of the person inside. "In here," I call. She yells something. I take a minute, and go about my business. I shouldn't look at her, even if we are in love. I comb my hair, and the water stops. Kirstie pokes her head out, and grabs a towel. I tense up as she walks out of the shower. Her towel is loose, but it's staying up. She kisses near my ear, and moves closer until her kiss reaches the corner of my mouth. She waltzes out of the room, but I follow her closely behind.
"Um, excuse me?" I grab her waist, and pull her closer to me.
"What?" she smile innocently up at me.
"You forgot one kiss."
"Oh, yeah. Here," she stands on her tiptoes and pecks me on the mouth, "you big baby."
"So, are we a," I look down.
"A thing. Sure, boyfriend. You choose venue first," she hugs me.
"What venue?"
"For the first date, dummy."
I laugh, and go back into my bathroom. She calls me into her bedroom. I go in, and seeing what I saw, turned on my heels.
"Avi!" she walks out, wearing only a robe, and grabs my hand to come back in. "I can't decide. What should I wear?"
"Do bras have to come into play?" I laughed.
"It's important."
"Nude bra with the three color grey sweater and skinny jeans," I laugh.
"So we're matching?"
"Yeah," I laugh, and she kisses my cheek.
"I'm gonna get dressed," she smiles, and I walk out of the room. She later comes back out, and smiles. She's ready, so now we have to go pick up Kevin and Mitch. Kevin moved out because he wanted to be closer to the coast. Mitch lives with Scott, but he's visiting family. We pull up to Scömiché's apartment, and Mitch runs out. He bounds into the backseat.
"Why are you two holding hands?" Mitch asks like a toddler.
"Her hand was cold, and I was warming it up," I lied.
"Yeah, and I was sitting on the other," Kirstie backed me up. She retracts her hand tucks it underneath her thigh.
"Momma sees through your lies." Mitch smirks.
"Mitch," Kirstie whispers. I pretend to not hear it, but listen. "I like him, and so yeah, we held hands."
I pretend to be clueless. "What did you say?"
"Oh, it's nothing." Kirstie smiles at me. We stop by Kevin's apartment, and he rushes out before we even completely stop. He climbs into the back, and groans something about "this tiny backseat". I laugh, and we zoom off to the diner. It's old, the murals on the wall smiling at us with a yellow tint, barely cracking off the walls. We eat in happy small talk, and drop Kevin and Mitch off at their houses, and we drive back to our home in comfortable silence.