Flashback Station 7: Chapter 70 Prerequisite: Landmines Triggered

Comment your EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT on this.

And all our previous notes still apply: 

1. You CANNOT understand anything that will go on in chapter 70 of EVERLASTING (Charlotte's Story) without reading this chapter.

2. You are NOT eligible to read this chapter BEFORE reaching chapter 70 of EVERLASTING or you'd be MAJORLY spoiling for yourself.

Further note: Please note that R.E.C.'s personality in these two chapters displays a relative amount of emotions that is not prevalent in any way in the books and might seem out of character. This is because Rickard was eighteen here, he was still in highschool and has not yet passed in the hell awaiting him as he grows up. Lol xoxo

This also applies to Sebastian's character, where he wasn't a travelling hippie yet and had not broken out of the shell his childhood had put him in.

Also, check out a very important note at the end of the chapter!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

**10 years pre-original plot**

"Excuse me?"

...

"Excuse me, um, Rickard?"

RICKard Ellington Conway looked up from the contents of his locker at this, blinking at the unfamiliar and soft voice calling on him from beside.

Frowning, he turned in the person's direction.

And another blink escaped him.

"You..." He started, slowly as he eyed the woman in question.

Like any human when subjected to his frozen gaze, she was fidgeting, her blue eyes slightly shaking in clear... anticipation yet uncertainty.

Her uniform was still as unusually short as it had been ever since he was introduced to her, weeks ago, and her blonde locks were tied in a low bun, some locks left to cascade here and there in style.

"Yeah, it's Chloe Harren." She affirmed his doubts, stepping closer, "Um, you're Evan's friend, right?"

Not flinching, Rickard snapped his sharp gaze towards the step she took closer to him, considering it wasn't a regular soace for her to occupy.

She didn't seem to note that, as she fixed her eyes into his.

"You see, my locker is stuck and my things are in it..." She shifted her gaze left and right, then gestured some steps away, "So I was wondering if you could... help?"

Ellington blinked, before snapping his gaze to where she was gesturing.

Then back to her.

She really looked helpless.

He then remembered Keith had mentioned she was a first year, and this was her first semester in highschool.

She might really have not yet been accustomed to the new environment, Ellington thought.

Moving a step to the side and past her, Rickard then started walking calmly in the direction she gestured at. "Which one is your locker?"

From beside him, the eyes of Chloe Harren shimmered with something dark, as a smile crossed her lips, and she point at some locker before them.

Approaching it, Ellington attempted opening it normally at first.

Naturally, the locker did not open.