001 ||The End Of The World||

[Joel's POV]

[Joel's POV]

I didn't really have your typical upbringing, I mean I did, at first but, then the world ended.

I don't think anyone's really shocked, we all thought it might and then it just finally happened.

But how it happened, now, that's where it gets interesting.

Agatha 616. Yep, an asteroid heading straight toward earth. I know, so obvious. So humanity came together and did what we do best.

We shot a bunch of rockets at it! And we blew it up! It was great!

But it wasn't, you see the thing that makes rockets, rockets... chemical compounds, a lot of them.

Which rained back down on us and everything changed. And by 'everything' I mean cold-blooded creatures. And by 'changed' I mean mutated and started eating us to death.

Ants, lizards, crocodiles, roaches, you name it. There's a lot of them.

I knew this one kid who was eaten in his sleep by a goldfish he won at a carnival.

Man, Todd loved that goldfish. And that cat.

So for most of human history, if you wanted to kill a cockroach, all you needed was a shoe. Well, suddenly you need a shotgun. And sometimes even a tank. And sometimes even that doesn't work... especially if you don't stay in the tank, Bob.

Eventually, the really big ones in our military took each other out.

We lost 95% of the human population in about a year.

That's a lot of Bobs.

And a lot of Todds.

Those of us who survived hid anywhere we could. Bunkers, caves, panic rooms, all around the world. So for the last seven years, I've been living in an underground bunker.

And it's not as bad as it sounds, really,

It's a great group of people and we all love each other, well, except Y/n. She kind of hates me. You know it's kind of what I imagined what college would have been like.

[Y/n's POV]

Our world has ended. And somehow I got stuck in an underground bunker with Joel Dawson.

The most awkward, stupid and weak person left alive. Lucky me.

I was lying awake on my bed not enjoying the moans coming from Tim and Ava's room.

"Are Joel and Y/n asleep?"

"Yeah," I heard the two giggle.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. The two were still in their Honeymoon stage. I mean they both are relatively attractive people so good for them, right?

Just as I was finally drifting off to sleep, I heard Joel talking to Ava and Tim.

I decided to mess with him... as per usual of course.

I got out of my makeshift bed, constructed from broken pieces wood and long scraps of fabric, and walked over to Tim and Ava's room, as expected, Joel was there. And the door was open.

I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

"So, you're stalking them now," his head spun in my direction as he stumbled back on his feet. "Wanting to know how it's done if ever you see Aimee again?" Aimee is Joel's girlfriend. They've got a long distance thing going on. He hasn't seen her in seven years. Joel got in contact with her over the radio a few weeks ago and has been talking to her non-stop. I almost pity her.

"I-I'm- I'm not- I'm not talking," He awkwardly laughed, adding a nervous chuckle.

"Then why is the door opened?" I pushed, the smirk on my face growing wider.

"It was like that- like that when I got here," He looked down.

"I bet it was," I said before I walked off to go back to my room.

[Joel's POV]

Can she ever just leave me alone! I wasn't stalking. I just wanted to tell them that the door was open.

And why would I want to use the so-called practice on Aimee?

I put my hands over my face as I walked back to my room.

I pulled on my cheeks making my eyes go wide as I fell onto my bed. This was going to be a long night.

———

A/n: How was the first chapter? I'm hoping to update at least two times a week!

Edit: (05/24/ 22) Here's the playlist link: (also in my bio)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1KEKCV0yvXEnGO5bGKUSBG?si=eylw5MrPTQGZ13QgMfEDAQ&dl_branch=1