016 ||Kiss Me||

[Y/n's POV]

[Y/n's POV]

Joel and I had been walking for around 20 minutes, and he got more and more delusional the further we walked. He kept complimenting me, which I was flattered by, but the comments were starting to get a little too flirtatious.

"You're so... pretty..." He slurred. I think the leeches were affecting him a little too strongly, he sounded like he had been drinking all day.

Joel started to walk close to me, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I could see his black veins popping out of his temple.

"Joel, just hang in there, only two more miles," I supported his weight,

"Why don't we just stay here," He slurred again.

"Joel, no, we have to get you some help... c'mon." I groaned, it felt like he was getting heavier.

"C'mon, Y/n, you know you want to kiss me, I know you do too," Joel started leaning in to kiss me, but I pulled away, making him fall to the ground. As much as I would've loved for him to kiss me,
I also would've loved for him to kiss me when he's in control of his own thoughts.

Joel's face fell right next to a pink plant, I remember Clyde telling Joel it was an anti-venom.

I quickly crouched down beside Joel, picking the fern. Joel kept turning his head when I was trying to shoe the flower into his mouth.

"Joel just eat the damn leaf." I begged.

"You eat the damn leaf, Y/n." He mocked.

I rolled my eyes and, eventually, I gave in and straddled him, my knees were at the sides of his waist. Joel was smirking from beneath me, I casually ignored it.

"Joel, eat this please, please... Joel... please," He opened his mouth just the right amount for me to place the fern in. He gasped for air,

"Yes! Yes, Joel! Yes!" I got off of him and pulled him up and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. He slowly hugged back, I could tell he was weak, but I was relieved that he was okay.

Wait, I see... People! In the distance! I pulled out of Joel's embrace, and let him lean on me for support.

"Hey!" I called out. "Help!" I could see two faces turn towards me. They started running towards us, I hobbled over to them.

I didn't recognize anyone, but I hoped that it was Aimee's colony.

An old man took Joel away from me. Joel faced the man and... kissed him? Wouldn't be my first choice but... huh?

Right then and there Joel fainted, but not before saying:

"That was nice,"

"Joel!" I crouched next to him. "He needs help, he had at least ten leeches on him just over 30 minutes ago," I told the man he kissed.

"We'll take him back to our colony," The man told me.

"Thank you, thank you so much," I panted.

Joel Dawson... you scared the shit out of me.

———

Updated on March 16, 2023