20 : The News

It was almost 11 pm, yet the lights in the office was still on. Papers scattered around the table, as if it weren't arranged at all. A lot of data and files that needed to be recheck. The owner of the office didn't show any signs of leaving yet. His eyebrows were furrowed together as his eyes focused on the paper that he was holding. He flinched a bit when a sudden vibrated sound broke the silence in the room. He took his phone on the table and slides it to answer the call.

"Hello?"
"Yes."
"Really?" He tilted up one of his eyebrows.
"Have you rechecked it?" He nodded.
"Okay. Send me the location and send me the report when you're done." He nodded again before he cuts off the line.

He put down the phone and leaned his back on the chair, making him lied down with his both hands on his head.
He sighed.
After a few minutes, he sat back straight. He glanced over the clock on the wall and took his phone before dialled something on it. He put his phone on his ear, waiting for the other line to answer.

"Good evening, Mr. J." A voice heard from the other side of the line.

"Good evening, Agent Kim."

✨✨✨

You were on your way home from the gym in your street. You don't usually go to gym actually. Maybe once or twice a month. Since it was not that far, so you just walked there. On the way back, you decided to stop by at the convenience store near your apartment. Just right before you entered the store, your phone rang. You took it out from your pocket, and slide away to pick up the call. It was from Lisa.

"Hello?" But there's no answer from the other side. Quiet as the grave.

"Hello?"
You looked back on the screen and it was black. You tried to tap a few times and pushed the power button, but nothing changed.
You sighed. It was turned off. Perhaps it's because you forgot to charge it earlier.
You shoved your phone back into your coat's pocket and went inside the store to buy some of your personal things.

It took about 10 minutes to arrive home. You went inside after you unlocked the door. You realized that someone was already turned on the light in your apartment. After you took off your shoes and went inside, a loud voice shouted from the across the room.

"Y/N!" You were hugged out of sudden. You saw Rosé, Jisoo and Lisa in the living room and the TV was turned on.
"Where have you been?" Jennie asked worriedly as she let go of you from the embrace.
"I was on my way back from the gym." You grinned.
"Why didn't you answer the call, Y/N?" Jennie asked again as she held both of your arms.
"My battery died when I was about to answer the call. And I was-" You stopped talking abruptly when you realized the look on their faces.
"Why you all looking like that?" You chuckled before you continued.
"I'm okay. Nothing's happened to me-" You stopped talking again. Suddenly just clicked on your mind.
"What are you guys doing here?" It's your turn to ask. You were thinking, if they were worried of you, they should have a worried faces. Not the sad ones.
"Guys?" You asked again to get their answers.
"I'm so sorry, Y/N" Jennie hugged you back. This time it's tighter than before as if she told you to be strong. You glanced your eyes back to the others, you saw they stood up and walked towards you. You stood still, confused.

Then, Jennie released the hugged before she continued to say something that you wish you could take it back.
"Y/N..... Mark's gone." Your eyes furrowed in confusion.
"What are you talking about, Jennie. Of course, he's gone. He went on a mission." You giggled awkwardly.
"No, Y/N." Rosé cuts you off. She came nearer and held one of your shoulders before she continued.
"He's not coming back." A tear fell down on her cheek.
"No. You must be kidding me. He's not dead. He's-" You chuckled in disbelief. Lost in your own words. You felt like something in you suddenly lifted away making your body trembling. You looked at their teary eyes as you heard Jisoo sniffed. You were about to say something, but the news in the TV attracted you. You walked through the girls and went to the living room.