13: 𝖼𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗏𝗂𝖾𝗐𝗌

Heads turn when you're shoved into the cell by the Jaegerists. You mutter curses under your breath as they lock the door behind you.

"Not so big and strong now, are you?" The blond Jaegerist jeers, his amber eyes gleaming maliciously, and the lines across his face become more pronounced. His blond hair is slicked back, emphasizing every crease on his forehead. He's also taller than the average man with no remarkable features.

You lift your middle finger in the air, your lips forming into a pout. They scoff, giving you a once-over before walking away, making the keys on the key ring rattle obnoxiously.

"What happened to you?" Jean inquires as he leans against the wall. He's eyeing you curiously, searching you for something. Your eyes scour the room until they land upon Armin and Mikasa sitting at a table. You rub your eyes and look again; Mikasa doesn't have her scarf- you decide to ask her about it later. Jean impatiently taps his foot against the floor, and your eyes snap to him.

"Nothing," you coldly reply before taking a seat next to Mikasa. She eyes you before fiddling with her fingers.

"Did you know Eren was here?" she questions. Your chest constricts, and for a moment, you consider lying to them because they would pry too much into the conversation with you and Eren, and you can't say anything about his plans because right now the Jaegerists have complete control.

"Yes," you whisper, bowing your head. Mikasa and Armin sharply inhale, and you wait for their bombardment of questions, but it never comes. Instead, they sit silently, a dark cloud forming over your table.

"So? All we can do is sit here while it all plays out?" Connie leans against the cell bars, his arms crossed. Artur sets down a white glass cup of steaming black tea in front of you.

"Care for tea?" he asks quietly. You look at his kind face with even kinder eyes and nod.

"Thank you," you whisper quietly. Artur gives you an appreciative smile before leaving your side.

"There's not much else to do, Connie unless you have lock picking equipment." You raise the teacup to your lips. You take a deep gulp, holding your wince as tea scalds your tongue. It feels like fire is lacing your throat, but you keep swallowing, desperately in need of something to distract yourself, to cast your thoughts on something else.

"You can pick locks?" Connie blows on his tea before he takes a sip, wincing at it burns his tongue.

"Depends on the lock and what equipment is at my disposal, but almost definitely yes." You take another sip, and this time you don't wince, your taste buds burning.

"That's good to know," Connie murmurs, and he takes a minute before adding, "Armin, could you bust out of here as a Titan?"

Armin takes a sip of his drink before responding. "No, I'd just destroy the city. Unlike Eren's Titan, the Colossal Titan can't do something that precise."

Armin casts a worried glance at Mikasa, and it suddenly hits you. How did Mikasa know Eren was here? Unless did they meet with Eren? But when? Everyone was already here when you arrived. So did they meet with Eren before you? What happened while you were away from them?

"So? Why did Eren beat you to a pulp? It's about time you tell us." Your head swivels to Armin, who seems thoroughly calm. His eyes momentarily flicker to you while he leisurely sips his tea.

"He what?" you hiss. Armin glimpses at Mikasa, and it appears as if they're having a secret conversation with their eyes through their fleeting glances and facial expressions. Armin sighs and sets his cup down, folding his fingers together.