It was all....a dream?

〠 Xiao's pov 〠

"-ao! Xiao wake upp" I hear a certain female voice.

"Oh..Lumine.." I say rubbing my eyes.

It was all a dream It was all a dream It was all a dream It was all a dream...

Fuck it...that seemed so real..if only it were..

Lumine leaves the room.

I pick up Venti's cecilia.

"UGH!" I throw the flower onto the ground in rage. 

Why the fuck is the world so cruel! 

I take out a knife and point it at my wrist. I press the knife against my skin..After a moment of deciding, I finally stab the table with the knife and exhale deeply.

He wouldn't like that. 

"Xiao! I made some Almond Tofu!" shouted Lumine from outside and I run out the door.

After some delicious Almond tofu, I sat down re-thinking life. 

Why was I immortal? Why didn't the hell I die? I told myself I was gonna be the one to die if any of us to die, and yet Venti had to sacrifice himself. 

I punch the couch and stand up.

I pace around the room and the same knife, shining in the sunlight, on the table, caught my eye.

It was tempting indeed. I hadn't tried to cut myself yet but maybe if I just did one cut? No, stop it Xiao. You know Venti wouldn't like that.

I take the flute from the shelf and start playing a song.

The song Venti  had played when he saved me from exhaustion all those years ago.

"I'll wait for you on the other side" 

Those words. The last words he had spoke to him. Maybe it was time? I have lived for more than 2,000 years. I've seen many deaths. Why not now? I'm way past the human life expectancy anyways. Maybe everything will feel good. The pain will be over once I plunges that knife into my chest. All the pain will be gone. 

Xiao sets his flute onto the table and picks up the knife.

He takes a deep breath and right when the knife was gonna touch his skin, he felt a hand grab his wrist.

He stopped the knife and looked up. There stood a worried Venti. He continuously shook his head and mouthed, "it won't be worth it. Please don't."

Was he hallucinating?

Xiao reached out but in a blink of an eye, he disappeared. He dropped the knife.

"What am I doing?" Xiao asks himself.

"You really are watching me aren't you?"

And in the first time in 2,000 years, Xiao felt tears roll down his cheek.