Chapter 22: Door

Jung Kook went closer to the shelf and looked for the box for X-elles. He can hear her soft snores from where he is standing and a smile formed on Jung Kook's face. He placed the box on the table few steps away from her and sat on the chair while he looks for the magazine issues through the box. He can only see her head but her scent was reaching his nose making it impossible not to glance at her.

She made small movements but those did not wake her up. He decided to leave her alone. He placed the box back to the shelf when his phone rang. It was Jimin calling but he denied the call.

Minji lifted her head up and yawned. Her eyes are not yet fully opened when she stretched her arms up as much as she can. Jung Kook kept on looking at her when her white blouse rode up almost to her chest and showed a bit of her tummy. Her stretch also emphasized the fullness of her breast which he can't help but notice. Minji rubbed her eyes and stare into nothingness for a few seconds. She shook her head a bit in an attempt to wake herself up. Her eyes widened when he saw a figure standing at the corner but she almost jumped out from her seat when her vision becomes clearer. She stood up and bowed when she realized that Jung Kook is in the room with her.

"Morning, Sir. I'm sorry. I'm leaving now." She was avoiding eye contact so she kept on looking down while she collected her bag.

"You d--" Jung Kook was not able to finish his sentence because Minji was moving hurriedly. She brought back the book and inserted it between the books, her eyes not leaving the ground. She was almost running to the door. Minji, however has forgotten that the door needs an access card to open it so she rushed towards it and tried to push it. Her head hit the glass door. Her right ankle twisted before her body fell on the ground.

Jung Kook walked towards her to try to help her but before she can reach her, she stood and tapped the access card and limp her way out of the room. Jung Kook wanted to walk out of the door to help her but his own pride prevented him from doing so. He dialed Jimin's number but there was no answer. He tried to call him thrice, but to no avail. After a few minutes, he received a notification from Jimin's Kakao GC.

Nam-il:
@Jimin and @Jung Kook- Minji noona
slipped on the floor.She has a huge lump
on her head and her ankle seems twisted
Taking her to the clinic right now.

Jimin:
What happened? Let me call you.

Nam-il explained to Jimin what happened based on what Minji told him. She told him that she just slipped on the floor and forgot to tap her access card. She left Jung Kook completely out of it.

Nam-il assissted Minji to the clinic. The company doctor checked on her to ensure she doesn't have any concussion.

"You have to get an X-ray. I can give you a cold compress for your swollen ankle and give you painkillers but you have to get an X-Ray." The doctor instructed.

"It really doesn't hurt at all. Can I get it done some other time? Training starts in an hour and I really have to attend." Minji answered while Nam-il pressed the ice bag on her lump.

"Can you walk?" The doctor asked.

Minji tried to stand but was off-balance. Nam-il was able to catch her.

"Your ankle is swollen. Get an X-ray today." The doctor wrote his referral.

"I'll take her to the hospital during lunch." Nam-il said.

The doctor nodded and gave her pain killers. "Stay on the bed for a while. Use the wheelchair for the day."

Nam-il assisted her in standing and heading towards the bed. He stacked two pillows on fluffed it before he gently pull her to rest her back. He lifted her legs and tap her head.

"Noona, why are you so clumsy?" Nam-il asked smilingly.

"I'm old and I forgot that doors are not meant to be pushed." She was also making small laughs.

"We have an hour before training starts. I guess we have only one thing left to do." Nam-il stared at her before he retrieve something out of his pocket and take off his black hoodie.

Minji gasped when he saw what Nam-il was holding in his hand.

"Please, don't" but Nam-il just smirked before he pulled her head towards him.