A Stormy Upbringing

Author's note: I stumbled upon an edit which reminded me of watching the beginning of the Wolf Drama. Consequently, I thought of a character-the Oriental Masked King from the story White Dove- whose childhood could be described by the song. If you listen to it, you'll see that all the boy originally wanted was to get the approval of his mentor and his father....to no avail. (To clarify-the character existed and the story was written before watching any of it.)

_________________________________

A lonely palace. Some foolish greedy men.

Plentiful Gold Decor. Blood stained walls.

The life of a boy smothered as a dying flame.

Hopeless, a way out appears.

How can he know it is a door to hell?

Madness reigns as the stray turns feral.

Eyes cast down their gaze, turning away from righteousness.

A King builds up his own legacy.

A General trains his soldiers for war.

Tis' a shame both do not hear his screams.

Letting the dog fight-can he be called human?

Rather a puppet in their hands.

____________________________

Author's note: In White Dove, his brother-Fourth Prince- likes to write poems so he writes a poem (this very poem) with influence from the Tang Dynasty based on his older brother's childhood, then recites a bit of it. (Not in front of his brother though, he wouldn't dare.)