alone in the world. c.b *

chris beck
warnings: smut, unprotected sex, oral sex (m. & f. receiving) fingering, dirty talk, language

You had been on Mars for six weeks now. Six weeks with no one on the entire planet with you besides Chris Beck. It was supposed to be a solo mission, but you had a heart condition, so Teddy Sanders had insisted that a medical professional stick by you at all times.

You didn't actually mind Chris, except for the fact that he never talked, and was always nose deep in whatever stupid project he was working on. You were basically unmonitored by anyone still on the ship besides vitals, so you desperately wanted to go exploring, even though Watney had insisted that it was incredibly dangerous. You just wanted to see a little bit of it so that you could go home and brag to everyone about being on Mars.

You strutted into the compound, waiting until the atmosphere seal and oxygen pump started running in the detox zone before stripping out of your uniform and into just sweatpants and a shirt. Your living compound was kept decently warm, so you hated wearing more than one layer inside. And every time you adjusted the thermostat you got a message from Johansson telling you that if you kept messing with it you were going to mess with the oxygen balance, which you knew was a lie.

"Good day, Dr. Beck." You announced as you walked into the kitchen, frowning slightly at all the papers and metal scraps sitting on the counter where you were supposed to eat. He glanced up fleetingly before going back to what he was doing, humming in acknowledgement that he had seen you. You huffed and went to stand on the other side of the counter, looking over everything he had laid out on the counter. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing the microwave." He muttered, readjusting two pieces of metal until a clear click! sound came from them. He let out a tiny gasp of surprise that it had worked, then pumped his fist in achievement. He jumped up and went back over the microwave, which, for the first time, you noticed was completely disemboweled from the bottom out. You sat there and watched as he fumbled with the insides of the microwave, adjusting things and putting things back into their place before he finally clicked the electricity plug back in and then screwed the bottom of the microwave back in. "Look at that. Good as new."

"Very impressive." You said boredly, widening your eyes just for a second as you went back to resting your chin in your palm. He turned back to you, unrolling his sleeves as he narrowed his eyes at you.

"What, that wasn't interesting enough for you?" He raised an eyebrow, sitting down at the counter across from you. You shrugged, stretching your arms over your head and looking out over the mess that he had created.

"This is what you're doing instead of going outside? Playing with the microwave?" You asked, gesturing to all of the papers and junk. He scoffed, shuffling them all together before picking them up and throwing them in the box of manuals that he had opened on the floor behind him.

"You mean fixing the microwave so that we can continue to eat? Because if so, then yes." He reminded you, opening the fridge and taking out a water. "You're not supposed to be going outside by yourself, by the way." He had a strict rule that he had to be there whenever you did something that was in any way physically strenuous, which pissed you off endlessly. He had to be there every time you worked out, did any sort of project or fixed anything, went outside, and, just to fuck with you, he insisted that he had to be right outside of the room every time you showered. He always said "hot water can cause heart palpitations if you're in there long enough," so you were stuck with him on your ass at all times.

"I know. I snuck out when you were still sleeping." You said casually, checking your watch to see that it was 3:38 am earth time. It was morning on Mars, or at least in the part you had set up base, which always threw you off a little bit. No matter how many times you set your watch to the time zone of the clocks on the base, it was always fucked up by the next day or two.