Chapter 12: Big News to Share

A few rabbits were peacefully chewing on some grass under a large tree when they suddenly perked their ears and then scurried away hurriedly as a young woman with a murderous pressure approached the area.

Wu LiJing couldn't suppress her feelings of disgust and hatred, causing animals and insects within the forest to flee from her as she returned. She decided to clear her mind by walking back as she processed all of the information Jin RuiYing provided. Once she breathed enough fresh air, she already reached the entrance of the Moon Sect.

A big elegant, white gate made of exquisite jade could be seen and two disciples were chatting with each other as they guarded the gate. Disciples took turns guarding as a way to earn some money, since it counted as a task or mission. Once she reached the entrance, the disciples paused and stared at her with big eyes, as if she was some kind of foreign thing.

Wu LiJing walked past them in an aloof manner, her robes waving behind her elegantly. While her steps continued, others who saw her also stared with big eyes and whispered, forgetting to salute. Once they noticed her gazing at them, they finally came to their senses and quickly apologized, saluting respectfully with lowered heads. She also took notice of the quick whispers behind her and the stares that focused on her figure.

She flew to her manor to avoid the sudden probing eyes that made her feel uncomfortable. When she entered her courtyard, she saw Cheng ChunHua wiping the table, but when her maid looked up at Wu LiJing, she also froze and gawked at her.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked calmly.

"Huh?" Cheng ChunHua blinked and quickly kneeled and bowed. "I apologize, Master! Please forgive me! I... Master's face was too magnificent and I ended up staring too long!" Cheng ChunHua closed her eyes tightly, coming up with an instant excuse. Her master's eyes seemed so scary at the moment that she found herself shivering a little.

Wu LiJing stared at her maid and sighed. "Get up. Tell me what's wrong. I've only been out for a few days and something seems to be going on..."

Cheng ChunHua stuttered, "M-miss QiaoHua is back..."

"Oh? She's back?" Wu LiJing smiled and her dark eyes returned to normal as she went off to find her cousin, disregarding her previous question.

Wu LiJing knocked on Wu QiaoHua's door and it took a moment but the door finally opened.

Wu QiaoHua kept her gaze lowered as she invited Wu LiJing in. Her bed was decorated with light blue fabric and there were a few girly vases of pink flowers around to liven up the room. All of the drawers and tables were pretty and of good quality, befitting a room inside a direct disciple's manor.

A table was placed in the middle of the room and they sat around it. Wu QiaoHua quickly poured her some tea, which she never did before, surprising Wu LiJing.

Wu LiJing couldn't help but stare at Wu QiaoHua for a moment while lost in thought. Then she smiled. "Did your mission go well?" Perhaps she realized her cultivation has improved due to the Baby Blue Flower.

Wu QiaoHua bobbed her head up and down, still keeping her gaze on the uninteresting ground.

Wu LiJing tilted her head slightly in bewilderment and grabbed the cup to take a sip of tea. Ah, this was the sweet tea she got from her master and gifted to Wu QiaoHua. It tasted good... but was sweeter than usual. Wu LiJing glanced at the small box of sugar beside the tea pot and quietly placed the teacup back on the table, deciding not to touch it again. She thought she was going to get some kind of heart-attack with how much sugar her cousin put in.

Wu QiaoHua felt sweat form on her forehead and she clenched her hands. Was she going to get yelled at? She was too afraid to look up. She took a deep breath, ready to apologize.