Sunny Days

Catra walked around the palace strawberry field, breathing in the sweet smell of nature and popping a few berries in her mouth. It was a lazy Sunday afternoon in the Kingdom of Bright Moon, and she had gotten bored just sitting in her room. 

Adora had left to one of the villages (Starshine, was it?) with Bow and Glimmer to go "sign autographs", whatever that meant. They had said they'd be back soon, but it had been an hour, and Catra started worrying. So she did the one thing she knew would calm her down properly, go outside. 

     When she and Adora were in the Horde, they never really got to go outdoors. They could go outside, but not really. Standing on a balcony or a roof was the most they could do. Not actually go out and run around and smell the fresh air or do whatever else they had the pleasure of doing now. So Catra took advantage of that ability whenever she could. 

She walked passed a bush of berries, inhaling deeply through her nose. She sighed in contentment. This was just what she needed. 

But of course the universe hates her. 

Because the second she had calmed down, there was a familiar poof! of sparkles to her right. Before she had time to react, a voice yelled, "Gotcha!" and she was teleported away in a sparkly purple cloud.

She arrived in a large field.

A large, empty field. 

She was completely alone.

"OH COME ON!" Catra exclaimed. What was the point of even bringing her here if she was going to be alone? She was just about to send up the emergency flare she kept with her (a girls gotta be prepared) when she heard another poof! to her left and saw Glimmer, Bow, and Adora walking towards her, carrying a bucket full of...balloons?

"Uhm, guys?" Catra spoke tentatively, backing away slowly. "What are those?" "Don't worry, sweetie," Adora cooed in an almost creepy tone. "This'll be fun." And before Catra knew it, the 3 of them were lunging at her, chucking the balloons in her direction. She managed to dodge most of the rubber sacks, but Bow being annoyingly good at aiming as he is, managed to hit her right in the leg.

 Water exploded from the balloon and Catra gasped at the cold sensation. She looked down at her soaking wet leg, snarling and baring her (very sharp) teeth. "Cats and water don't mix," she spoke through gritted teeth. 

Before Adora, Bow, or Glimmer could do anything, she had pounced towards them, sliced open each one of their balloons, and dumped the water and rubber remnants on her friends' heads. 

"HEY!" The three yelled in unison. "Not fair Catra," Adora whined, "You only got hit once." "Like I said," Catra replied, "Cats and water don't mix." 

After Glimmer transported herself back to Bright Moon to get towels, Catra took Adora's hand and pulled her onto the grass. They sat in silence, Adora clutching Catra's hand in hers and rubbing her thumb over her feline girlfriend's fingers. 

"That was fun," Adora sighed. Catra glanced at her. "Yeah." Despite Catra's wet leg and Adora's wet everything, the girls couldn't have thought of a better way to spend the day. Even if the battle only lasted 5 minutes, it was the best 5 minutes of the day, because they were with each other. 

"So what do you wanna do for the rest of the day?" 

Catra hummed in thought.

"Why don't we go to the village? You can show me what 'autographs' are."

I'M SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG I HAVEN'T UPDATED. My family is moving so we've been really busy these past weeks, and I've had testing and recitals and rehearsals and classes and it's been a VERY busy 2 weeks for me. I'm basically the most inconsistent person ever though, so this time I'm not going to set a due date on myself, that'll only make me forget. Anyways, I'm sorry this story is CRAP. I'm kind-of creatively dried out, but I hope you enjoy it! Love you all!

~Panu