Rollercoaster

Hehehehehe hiiiiii it's been half a month so I decided to update. Also I was bored. I hope you like this one! It's based off of an idea I had while at an amusement park. I hope you guys enjoy and happy late pride month! (Humans AU)

She was falling. 

Catra was at an amusement park with her best friend (Yes, friend. Nothing more.) Adora. It was a hot summer day and both of them had thought it would be a great time to go out. Explore. Adventure. 

Oh, how Catra regretted it.

Adora was currently dragging the flustered heterochromatic cat-woman towards the tallest roller coaster in the park, and Catra felt like screaming.

     "Come on, Catra! It'll be fun! I promise. I'll hold your hand the whole time." (No, it wasn't excitement she felt at the thought of holding Adora's hand.) "No! I don't wanna!" Came the brunette's stubborn reply. "You can't make me!" Oh, but Catra knew very well that Adora could ask her to do anything that she wanted, and the feline-like woman would do it in an instant.

"Please? For me?" Adora begged, blue eyes widening and her (gorgeous) lips forming a slight pout. Catra couldn't say not to that look. Never in a million years. "Fine," she caved, "But I choose where we get dinner."

                                                                      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

     After a literal hour standing in line for the roller coaster, they finally got seated in the blue and white cars of doom. (That's what Catra called them.) As the worker checked to see if her seatbelt was fastened properly, he winked at her and Catra could've swore she saw Adora flip him off. 

The announcements came on. It was a girls voice, firm yet soothing, instructing them kindly.

"Please fasten your seat belts properly and keep you hands and feet inside the vehicle. Please leave all loose personal items in the bins provided and collect them after the ride. Wind City Parks (sorry I couldn't think of anything else) is not responsible for any lost or damaged property. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your ride!"

There was a loud hissing sound, and suddenly the ride jolted forward. They were in full motion, going up the hill at a painfully slow and steady pace. Catra's palms were sweating like crazy, and she tried to grip on the bar in front of her. Her heart was racing a mile a second, and her brain was counting down the seconds. 14...13...12.

     Then she felt something warm and comforting on her arm, and she looked down to see Adora's pale hand agains't her own coppery skin. The blonde grabbed Catra's hand and squeezed it soothingly before leaning in and whispering in her ear. "It's okay, I'm right here.

Catra just about combusted.

5...

Adora ran her thumb on Catra's wrist

4...

Adora leaned in close

3...

Catra grasped Adora's hand

2...

Adora's lips touched her ear

1

"I love you" she breathed

And then they fell. 

If you asked Catra what the best part about the ride was, she wouldn't have said the thrilling drop, or the anxious climb, or the stomach-churning turns. She would say that her favorite part was getting off the ride, pulling Adora to the side, and whispering in her ear, "I love you too."

AHHHHHHHH I actually like this one. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. Should I make a part 2? I love all of you people! Peace and love my fellow sapphics!

-Panu