(Part One?) Eye-Candy

Author's Note: Be careful! This one-shot contains Spoilers! Thanks for reading!

Update: Typos have been corrected sorry!

~~~~~~~

It was a fine night in Mondstadt. Crystalflies fluttered, the dandelions flow from the cold breeze.

Inside the city, there had been a special occasion, one where the knights of Favonius and the Fatui celebrate an alliance.

They were present inside the massive ballroom. Even the Harbingers. While Mondstadt would look small at first glance, it was spacious. The chandeliers slowly rock. Musicians played instruments like Lutes, Violins and many more. Though while having an alliance, the Fatui and the Knights would divide. The left side would be the knights and the opposite for the Fatui. They aren't too talkative with the other group, nor friendly.

Acting Grandmaster Jean would sometimes mingle with the Snezhnaya forces. Even if she doesn't like them as much, she would try to maintain a friendly stance.

Much like the rest, you were there. But instead of being a harbinger or a normal fatui, you were a royal guard of the Tsaritsa. It was unusual for the Tsaritsa to let you have a breather, you thought.

But it was nice having a break once in a while. You were strangely close, nevertheless, you kept your boundaries.

Murmurs filled the place, some would go to the food counter to find something to eat. Some find this boring, and some would find it a rather fun activity.

You looked frantically, it was a little quiet but lively. La Signora, who was accompanying you because ‘You aren't familiar with Mondstadt, so I may as well escort you’ was bickering all sorts of plans. You paid no attention to her as you glance at a woman, who had light blue hair.

She was eye-candy to you. Never have you seen someone that was so elegant, that even doing nothing, she still looks lovely.

“Were you listening to what I was saying?” a voice suddenly interrupted your thoughts. There sat La Signora, wearing a displeased look.

“...No. I wasn't paying attention, actually,” you replied nonchalantly.

The woman just huffed, “fine then. You go on, doing whatever you were doing. I'll be over there. If you need me, just say something,” she said as she abruptly leaves.

‘This woman, I swear.’ you thought, why is she so cold? Is it because of her vision? You shook your head. ‘I should grab a drink.’

You went to the stalls, trying to see what you can eat. Not paying at your surroundings, you accidentally bumped on someone. Making an oomph sound.

“Ah! Pardon me for—” you cut yourself off. There you see the same woman that piqued your interest, on the ground. Her cheeks were flushed, angry at you for hitting her AND causing a ruckus.

You offered a hand, “need some help...” you trail off as she just stands up and storms off.

‘Well, shit. There goes my chance trying to socialize.’

You fixed your mask, trying to hide your face from everyone. Now that you think about it, your co-worker would often say ‘Why do you always have your mask on?’

Not like it is important.

20 minutes passed of you just doing random things. The music changed to a tango-like sound. Suddenly, a lot of people stood up and started to offer the others dance.

It was peculiar to you. While yes, you have experience with dance and music, it was the people that started to do so made you ponder.

Soon, almost everyone was on the dance floor. They were enjoying the ball for once. All except one. Her.