A Bittersweet Farewell

Author's Note: Yeah, the title says it all LMAO. Have fun reading, that's what I'm just saying.

-----------

Your steps begin to get heavier each time you move. You felt tense, a sharp needle in the stomach has been hitting you for the past hour.

The scenery around you was chaos. Patches of flowers were replaced with fire, smoke was everywhere. There was debris lying everywhere you traverse. It was hell.

Snezhnaya had declare war with the other nations, including the free nation; Mondstadt.

You look around, seeing multiple dead bodies before you. You had blood splattered across your clothing, with bits on your face.

“I should've expected this would happen. But why now?” you asked yourself, holding your weapon tightly.

6 years ago, you promised to never hurt the people of Mondstadt. You promised to be gentle with everyone.

But did you really fulfilled it?

You shed a tear, breaking the promise that you held onto for so long, only for The Tsaritsa to unintentionally break it.

But you couldn't blame her, you can't defy her actions. Instead, you'll be obligated to accept her doings with no choice of objection, or reasoning.

You missed the times when you were in Mondstadt. It wasn't the cold homeland you cherish, but you held it deeply on your heart. It wouldn't have been exciting if it weren't for the Spindrift Knight you love.

Her smile flashes briefly on your mind, making you gloomy.

You wondered, ‘will she be fighting us? I— I prefer not’ you hoped. Hoping that she won't have to suffer more losses. And hoping you won't have to kill her.

“Y/N,” a cool voice shouted towards you.

Your eyes widen, ‘it can't be...’

There she was, Eula, the Spindrift Knight and captain of the 4th company. She slowly walks towards you, an emotionless expression on her face.

You couldn't read her. And you worried about it. You started to shake, fearing for the worst. But it was your duty. ‘First and foremost, after all.’

“Eula... it's been 6 years, huh?” you said, trying to lighten up the mood, even if it wasn't appropriate.

She didn't mutter a word, her blank expression solid.

You sigh, smiling sadly at her, “I guess we need to finish this, once and for all.”

Raising your weapon, you hardened your resolve. A stoic expression soon formed, going in proper stance.

Normally, Eula would've killed anyone on the spot. This was special. She instead does the same, professional as always. Her hair flew gracefully when preparing.

You weakened, showing a heartbroken frown, tears slowly forming, “I wish we could've been at a more peaceful era. But, we ca—”

“We can't,” she cuts you off, looking down, “Duty is first, we can't let our emotions get away. Like you're doing so as of now.”

Your gaze didn't meet hers, but she starts to be slightly vulnerable. A sigh escapes from her mouth. Eula looks at you, muttering, “I'm sorry.”

For once, you didn't feel any sorrow. You smiled gently at her, reassuring her. “I'll still love you even after death, Eula. Always, I hope you know that.”

She didn't respond, only to rush at you dealing a series of blows.

You blocked them though, with one grazing your cheek. You hissed, quickly exchanging blows. The sound of metal hitting against eachother was loud, the quick footwork of you both on the barren land proved to be useful in this condition.