Chapter 11

My green eyes stared back at me from the mirror as I got ready for work. Tightening my sleek ponytail for the last time, I finally hurried down the stairs. Madeline greets me with a smile,

"Good morning, dear.Thank you for restocking. Here's your breakfast."

"Hey Madeline, good morning to you too. Is Ethan not here yet?"

"No, I've been waiting with his coffee." 

That's weird, he's usually up and about before me and not to mention he was the one who said he didn't like laziness.

"I'll go upstairs and check."

This was the first time I'll ever go into his room.I gave a knock but he didn't answer so I entered his room--a complete opposite of mine. Sparsely decorated with a king sized bed covered with black sheets and grey duvet. Everything in the room was a gradient of black and grey. Except the rug and the curtains, they were white.His laptop was open on the table with 3 empty mugs of coffee.I could hear the shower running in his bathroom, divided by a stained glass door.

Did he actually consume this much caffeine after having alcohol, last night? What is wrong with this man?The door slid open and Ethan stood with a towel loosely around his waist. His body was glistening and the entire room was filled with his scent, even stronger right now.

"Can I help you?" I looked up, realising I was staring.

"I just came by to see if you're alive since we're late for work and Madeline has been waiting for you since forever."

"Yeah, I'll be right down. I was caught up in something."His eyes had a hint of dark circles around them.

"Do you want to see more or...?"He asked shamelessly as he started to unwrap his towel.I gave him a horrified look and scurried out of the room.

I was almost done with my breakfast when he came down in his dark blue suit along with a waist coat. All of his suits fit him so perfectly, highlighting his body. Before he could get anymore cocky, I averted my gaze.

"Ethan my boy, where have you been?" Madeline asked him.

"Nowhere Madeline I was just working on something."

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so good."She said with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry .Could you please give me my coffee?"He said looking at her, adorably smiling.

She shook her head and gave him the mug. His fourth cup of coffee in the last twelve hours.

--*--

It was weird coming to work with my husband. We had to keep up the show and act like a real couple so before entering the building, I took his hand. If he was shocked , he didn't show it.His hand was warmer than usual, but comforting. 

We got into the private elevator and immediately broke away.

"Where will you be going?" I asked him.

"To your office, of course. "

"Why? The meeting's in the conference room."

"Yeah but that's not in another hour, I need a place to hang out till then. What's better than my wife's office here?" He asked sarcastically but not with his usual sass, his voice was drained.

As we walked out of the elevator, Andrea greeted me with a smile , "Morning , Ms. Evans!" but her mouth hung open when she saw Ethan trailing behind me , "M...mo...morning Mr.Carter."