Prologue

"I saw them executing Lannister prisoners in the street! They said they were acting on your orders" I said, still shocked by what I witnessed a few minutes earlier. "It was necessary" Dany replied firmly. "Necessary?!" I repeated, fighting to keep my anger in check "Have you been down there?! Have you seen?! Children, little children burned". My words however seemed to have no effect on the woman I once and still loved. "I tried to make peace with Cersei" Dany simply replied "She used their innocence as a weapon against me. She thought it would cripple me". Her words still couldn't convince me. "And Tyrion?" I pressed, hoping I could reason with my Dany. "He conspired behind my back with my enemies" Daenerys answered, rage on her angelic face "How have you treated people who did the same to you, even when it broke your heart?". "Forgive him" I said, praying she would listen to me. "I can't" Daenerys answered and I felt my throat constricting when I heard those words. Still, I knew I needed to insist since I knew my Dany was still somewhere behind that evil mask. "You can" I said, my voice revealing my urgency "You can forgive all of them, make them see they made a mistake. Make them understand. Please, Dany". "We can't hide behind small mercies" Daenerys answered, hardness in both her voice and face "The world we need won't be built by men loyal to the one we have". "THE WORD WE NEED IS A WORD OF MERCY, IT HAS TO BE!" I cried, my composure finally breaking. "AND IT WILL BE!" Daenerys answered, rising her voice as well "It's not easy to see something that's never been before...a good world". "How do you know?" I challenged her "How do you know it will be good?". "Because I know what is good. And so do you" Dany answered, starting coming close to me. "I DON'T!" I yelled, refusing to accept Daenerys' reasoning since it was sounding crazy. "YOU DO!" Daenerys yelled as well "YOU DO, YOU HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN!". "THEN WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE?" I insisted "All the other people who think they know what's good?". They don't get to choose" Daenerys answered, closing the gap between us. "Be with me, build the new world with me" she than continued in a soft voice, love and hope printed on her face "This is our reason: it has been since the beginning when you were a little boy with a bastard's name and I was a little girl who couldn't count to 20. We do this together. We break the wheel together". I looked to the love of my life, my heart smashing as I heard her speaking. I knew I was responsible for her obvious madness and I knew I was the only one who could stop it before it was too late. "You are my queen" I said in a broken voice as my lips got near to Daenerys' "Now and always" and I kissed her. Dany smiled and let me kiss her but the moment of bliss was interrupted by a sudden pain on her chest. She looked down and saw a dagger penetrated on her chest, straight to her heart. Without saying nothing, she fell to the ground. "How" she tried to speak "How could you do...." She couldn't finish and darkness claimed her. I stared the lifeless body of his love, sorrow consuming me. "What have I done?" I said, tears rolling on my cheeks as the weight of what I just did overwhelmed me "WHAT HAVE I DONE?????". A roar made me focus my attention away from Daenerys and I saw Drogon landing in the throne room. The dragon touched with its head his mother's body and emitted a saddened roar when it realized it was too late to save her. I closed my eyes when I saw the huge beast coming towards me. "DO IT!" I yelled to the dragon "I KILLED THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD MAKE ME HAPPY, MY ONLY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS! KILL M....". The sound of something burning interrupted my words. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes again only to find Drogon burning the Iron throne without mercy. Under my astonished stare, the throne melted until only the base of it remained. Satisfied justice had been made, Drogon took my love's lifeless body with his mouth and left the throne room with it. I wanted to stop the huge beast because I wanted to give to my Dany a proper funeral but I was too late and I watched the huge beasts flying in the sky until I couldn't see it any longer.