Chapter 2 | Daenerys

"We have been here for some time" Cercei Lannister said angrily when I joined to the small council in Dragons Pit. "My apologies" I replied, fighting to keep my expression serious. Our eyes were locked for some seconds before Cercei focused her attention on Tyrion who now stood in the middle to speak. "We are all facing a unique..." he started only to be met by a menacing man who gave a menace to Theon Greyjoy. Tyrion tried to speak again but he was constantly interrupted by the same man who kept making fun of him because he was a dwarf. "I did not come here to listen everyone making fun of my advisors" I thought angrily "If the meeting keeps going in this way I turn my back on everyone and find a way to deal with the Night King with Jon Snow". I focused my attention back to reality and I now saw Cercei finally putting and end to the argument between my right hand and the man whose name was Euron. "So, are we suggesting we settle our differences and live together happily and in harmony for the rest of our days?" Cercei asked sarcastically. "We all know that will never happen" Tyrion answered with a smirk. "Than why are we here?" Cercei asked perplexed. Jon stood up at this point and stood alongside Tyrion. "This issn't about the living" he started, his voice and expression serious. "The same thing is coming for of all us, a general you can't negotiate with, an army that doesn't live corpses behind on the battlefield". He than paused to collect his thoughts. "Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city who are ready to turn into soldiers of the Dead's army if we don't do anything to stop it". "I imagine for most of them it would be an improvement" Cercei said ironically. "BASTARD!" I mentally yelled, hate for the woman who had just spoke filling me "YOU DON'T DESEARVE TO SIT ON THE IRON THRONE! WHAT KIND OF MONARCH WOULD REACT IN THIS WAY AFTER HAVING HEARD HIS PEOPLE ARE DOOMED IF HE DOESN'T PUT AND END TO THE SURCE OF THEIR DESTRUCTION???". "I don't think it's serious at all, I think its another bad joke" Cercei said unconvinced by Jon's revelation about the Night King and his army's existence. She than turned towards me "My brother Jamie told me you want a truce. Is this correct?" she asked me. "Yes" I immediately answered "That's all". "That's all???" Cercei sneered "Pull back my armies and stand down while you go on your monster hunt or while you solidify your armies and expand your position?". "Your capital will be safe until the northern threat is dealt with" I said in a cold voice "You have my wor...". The word of a would be usurper" Cercei Lannister interrupted me "You should be grateful that the army of the Dead its real otherwise I would have already marched on your city" I angrily thought. "After I've put an end to the Night King and his army, I will have you dead. Make no mistake on this". My thoughts must have been evident on my face because Cercei was watching me in a murderous expression which revealed thoughts very similar to mine. We than focused my attention back to the meeting and I saw Jon showing to the assembly the Dead soldier he had managed to capture with his men. I had to contain my laugh when I saw the soldier running towards Cercei but the funny moment lasted only for a few seconds because Jon and one of his men destroyed the creature. "There is only one war which matters" Jon Snow said gravely "The Great War and...it is here". "I didn't believe it until I saw them" I added "I saw them all". "How....how many?" Jamie Lannister asked me in a trembling voice. "Hundred thousand at least" I answered wishing what I saw when I went saving Jon and his men was an illusion and my child had died in an incident. I watched Euron announcing he would flee with his army before the Dead arrived here. "Coward" I thought "You are a fool if you think you can avoid the danger". "The crown accepts your truce" Cercei Lannister announced "The Dead are our common enemy and until the army its on the loose, we have to suspend our rivalries. In return, the king of the North will extend this truce. He will remain in the North where he belongs, he will not take up armies against the Lannister". "BASTARD!!!!!" I screamed "YOU TRY TO SECURE THE NEUTRALITY OF MY ALLIES????". I caught my breath as I watched Jon pondering his decision and then he spoke. "I am true to my word" he started "Or I try to be. That is why I cannot give you what you ask. I cannot serve to queens since I already pledged myself to queen Daenerys Targaryen". "Has he said this??" I wondered, astonishment printed on my face "Did he just made public his alliance with me????". A part of me was happy because I finally knew that Jon would serve me till the end of his days. The other part however was worried because this meant Cercei wasn't going to help us in defeating the Army of the Dead. "Fine, then there is nothing left to discuss" Cercei said as she slowly stood up "The Dead will come North first so, enjoy dealing with them. We will deal with was is left of you as well as them when the time comes".

"I am pleased you bent the knee to our queen" Tyrion said to Jon, annoyance on his face "I would have advised it, had you asked. But have you ever considered learning to lie every now and then?? Just a bit??". "I am not going to swear an oath I can't uphold. When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything than there are no more answers and only better lies. Lies won't help us in this war". "That is a problem but the immediate right now is that we are fucked" Tyrion replied and went after his sister. "Now what are we going to do?" I silently wondered as I watched Jon analyzing the bones of what seemed dragons. I silently walked towards him until I stood next to him. "They were extraordinary, terrifying creatures" I said in a grave voice "And we locked them here. We weren't extraordinary without them. They grew small and we grew small as well. We became just like everyone else". Jon nodded without looking at me. "I'm sorry" he started "I'm sorry for your dragon. He didn't deserve to be a victim of the Night King". "Thank you" I said, my voice trembling with emotion "He was my child, one of the three". "You won't suffer any losses, I promise" Jon said, looking me straight in the eye. "Viserion will be the only child you lost in this war against the Dead and Cercei Lannister". "You can't prevent death from occurring" I retorted "How are you going to keep your promise?". "I will make sure they won't be harmed in battle" Jon answered "In one way or another, I will protect both of them". "Why are you so obsessed with protecting my children, Jon Snow?" I wondered, focusing my attention on the man in front of me, the one I was falling in love with "It seems like you want to protect me as well". "Are the dragons your only children?" Jon's voice interrupted my ruminations. "Yes unfortunately" I answered without looking Jon. "I can't have human children". Silence fell after these words. "Who told you that?" Jon asked again, curiosity evident in his voice. "The witch who murdered my husband" I replied. "Has it occurred to you she might not have been a reliable source of information?" Jon insisted. I wanted to answer but Cercei returning along with Tyrion prevented me from speaking. "I will march to the North and help you fighting the Dead" she announced, making everyone sigh in relief. I didn't trust her words and when I turned to Jon, I was shocked to see how his eyes were throwing daggers to Cercei. "Weren't you the one who said we needed to trust each other?" I wondered as I saw Jon's assuming a murderous expression by each passing moment "Now you don't trust Cercei Lannister anymore? What happened to you Jon Snow?".