Chapter 8 | Daenerys

"Daenerys are you all right?" Missandei asked me worriedly for the tenth time in then morning. "Missi if I tell you I'm fine, it means I'm fine" I answered in an exasperated voice. "And if I keep asking you the same question, it means you are lying" Missandei persisted "What is wrong with you?". "Missi please don't insist" I silently begged her "You have no idea what I'm dealing with. You can't help me this time I'm afraid". The way how Jon had run away from his brother and more importantly, from me the previous night had devasted me. I had tried to fin him but my lack of knowledge of Winterfell prevented me from doing so; for this reason after an hour spent looking for the king in the North, the real hear to the Iron Throne, I gave up and retired to my room only to spend the night weeping. "WHY DON'T YOU LET ME HELP YOU???" my heart silently screamed "I WANT TO BE YOUR LOVE, NOT A SIMPLE RELATIVE OF YOURS!!!!". "How would you feel when....the man you love....is dealing with a truth which changed significantly his life and...you can't do anything to help him...dealing with it?". Missandei's eyes widened and without saying anything, she took my hands with hers. "What happened?" she simply asked "What happened to Lord Snow?". "His brother....." I started, rejecting with difficulty my tears "He told him something about his parents...". "And?" Missandei insisted "Unfortunately his father was a member of my family" I concluded. "So?" Missandei asked, confusion evident on her face "I don't see the problem to be honest". "Missi we don't see the problem but I'm afraid here in Westeros marriage doesn't work in this way" I explained in a saddened voice "I fear marriage between members of the same family is not something tolerated". "Still, I don't understand what's the problem" Missandei insisted "First, if lord Snow is related to you, that means you are no longer alone in carrying your family's legacy on your shoulders; secondly, do you really think Jon Snow will let this detail prevent him from marrying you? If he loves you, he won't let this relationship you share from choosing you as his wife". I sighed not knowing what to think at this point: a part of me was afraid that Jon Snow will let his people's opinion influence his thoughts; the other part desperately hoped Missi was right and that Jon would choose to love me even if we were related". "I don't know what to do Missi" I finally said "Yes, he may prevent other people's opinion from influence his thoughts but still, I fear he doesn't feel the same way I feel for him". "What's make you think so?" Missiandei asked, watching me closely "Did you talk with him about this? Did he give you some clues which made you understand he doesn't feel the same?. "Yesterday we were in a place near Winterfell" I replied, trembling at the memory "My children needed to find a place where they could eat without suffering the cold". I silenced for a few seconds in order to force myself to recall what had happened the previous day. "While we were there, I....gave him a simple kiss. I only wanted to thank him for having shown me a place which belonged to his childhood". "How did he react?" Missandei inquired, her gaze fixed on mine. "When I ended the kiss, he seemed sad. I saw remorse in his eyes as he was ashamed of having let me kiss him". Silence fell after my words, an heavy one. "You are a fool Daenerys" I thought "Jon Snow doesn't love you; the sooner you accept this, the better". "Well, I understand why you feel in this way" Missandei finally said, sadness in her eyes "I...would feel the same if I were you; however, I still don't think he doesn't feel the same...". "Than why does he behaves in this way???" I interrupted my bestie, desperation evident in both my face and voice "Because he is afraid of something" Missi replied immediately "I have a feeling his concern about me, Sir Jorah and your remaining children has a huge role in his fear of getting close to you". Seeing I was still perplexed, Missi made a move to caress me but she was interrupted by Gray Worm. "Your Grace!" he said, panic on his face "They are here. The Dead are here. Lord Snow asked me to find you". "So the moment we have been preparing for has finally arrived" I thought as I harried outside, Missi at my side "I pray my children will be able to survive".

"The armour is strong enough" Gendry Baratheon said as he showed us his work, Drogon and Rhaegal watching us curiously "No weapon will be able to penetrate them". "Gendry are you sure the dragon will be able to fly?" Jon asked "Let's not forget they must be free to move". "Don't worry Jon, I made sure with Sir Jorah the armours won't be able to prevent the dragon from flying". "Gentlemen" I said, knowing we had no time to waste "Shall we prepare my children for the imminent battle?". "Let's go" Jon said, carrying one of the armours "We have no time to lose". I nodded and immediately collected the pieces of the second armour. "It is done" I sighed in exhaustion after 20 minutes of hard work. I stood back to admire the result of our efforts: both Drogon and Rhaegal now had their heads protected by an helmet which only left their jaws uncovered; their necks, chests and tail were all covered by pieces of armour which left free only their legs and tail. The result was really impressive: both of them seemed two warriors ready for battle. "Whow, I dare anyone to challenge a dragon after it has been dressed with an armour" Jon commented as he stood beside me, admiring our work as well "I pray it will be enough to protect them". "Jon can you please ride on Rhaegal?" I asked him, watching him straight in the eyes "I noticed Rhaegal was very comfortable with you the other day. "Are you sure?" Jon asked surprised "I mean....he is your son and you trust a stranger enough to let him ride one of your children?". "Yes, I trust you" I said, taking his hands with mine "I think you have a right to be on Rhaegal". After a moment of hesitation, Jon finally nodded and without saying anything, he hugged me. "Please be careful" he said in a soft voice "I....I don't want you to die in this war because of me". "I will be careful" I promised him, my voice matching his softness "You too be careful please. I....need you to survive as well". "There are many men who can help you Daenerys" Jon said "I am a common man from the North who accidentally became a k.....". "Not to me" I interrupted him in a firm voice "You are not a common man for me. I have many regrets in my life and meeting you is not one of them". Having let my heart take control on my voice, I turned to Drogon in order to fly towards the battlefield. "Please Jon Snow come back to me. I love you" .