Watermelon - NaLu 🫂

"IT'S SO HOT!" Lucy whined, fanning herself with her hands, whilst lying on her bed.

"What do you mean? It seems pretty fine to me." Natsu replied out of nowhere.

"AHHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?" Lucy yelled as she jumped up and gave him a Lucy kick, leaving an indent of his body in the wall.

"I just wanted to see you, is that so wrong?" Natsu asked, while rubbing his head from the pain.

Lucy slightly blushed, as she scratched at her cheek while thinking of what to say. "Sorry, Natsu." she apologized and an idea came to her mind. "Hey, wanna go to the store with me?" Natsu jumped up excitedly from the floor, and picked up a screaming Lucy bridal style; jumping out the window. Both of them, landing sprawled out on the street . "I HAVE A DOOR FOR A REASON, YOU KNOW?" Lucy yelled at him again, as she got up and dusted herself off.

"You have a door?" Natsu asked in confusion. Lucy stared at him with wide eyes.

"You know, what? Just forget about it, let's go-" Lucy paused as the realization hit her.

"What's wrong?" Lucy looked down at herself and back up to meet his eyes. "Ohhh, I see. You miss Happy! Don't worry, he's fine. He's hanging out with Lily and Carla!"

"I'M IN MY PAJAMAS AND WE DIDN'T BRING ANY MONEY, YOU IDIOT!" Natsu blinked a couple times, until he finally understood. She shook her head while sighing, and turned around to walk back to her apartment to get ready. "Just wait for me outside my apartment DOOR. Okay?" Natsu nodded, as Lucy went inside and got everything they needed.

"Are you done yet?" Natsu queried for the 10th time.

Lucy rolled her eyes, "I'm done, I'm coming outside right now!" she opened the door and they began their walk to the store.

————————————————————-—————

Natsu pointed out many things to buy, such as a ninja outfit. "Nin-nin!" he went, with his scarf tied around his head. Lucy giggled and shook her head. He stared at her and blushed a bit underneath his makeshift ninja mask. I love her laugh... Natsu said to himself.

"No, Natsu. I'm only buying watermelon to cool down."

"BUT NINJAS ARE COOL!"

"I never said, they weren't, but we need to focus on getting ourselves-"

"Please!" Natsu cut her off.

"No!" she declared sternly, walking ahead of him.

"Please!" he repeated as he ran over to catch up with her.

"N-"

"If you buy it then I'll stop going through your window for a week!"

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to look at him. "Really?"

"Yes, really! Just let me have suit, please!"

"Make it 2 months, and we have a deal." Lucy grinned.

"That's WAY longer than what I said."

"Deal or no deal, Natsu?"

"Fine..." They shook hands out of agreement, and she bought the suit for him. "YES! THANK YOU, LUCE!" Natsu cheered excitedly, his usual wide and joyful smile on his face. Yet for some reason, it felt a bit different - because for a second, a very brief second, she could feel butterflies flying around in her stomach. Lucy tried to push the feeling aside as they went into the fruit section. They looked around and she bought a watermelon.

——————————————————————————

Lucy and Natsu then began to walk back to her apartment, where she cut the watermelon and plated slices for the both of them. They both took a bite of the refreshing and juicy fruit, as Lucy began to feel her body cooling down a bit. Eating more and more, until Natsu stopped her.