Date (?)

Childe walks to his hotel room

"Childe-sama! Where have you been ?! You left with some unfinished-"

"Ughh! can't you see I just got back? Can't I have a rest? I know I still have some work, I'll just do it later!"

Childe was annoyed but he wasn't going to let his day be ruined by that small matter. He entered his room and laid on his bed with his stomach facing the mattress, arms and legs all stretched out like a starfish. He then remembers the trip he had just now as he looks at his left hand, the hand he had held Zhongli's hand. He then touches his face, cupping his own cheeks, slightly leaning to it . He blushes so hard after realizing what he's doing. He hugged a pillow and covered his face with it. He was so embarrassed. 

'But, it felt good. His hands intertwined with mine...' He could feel his face warm up fast as the thought came by.

"Ughh, what's wrong with me? Stop blushing!"

Childe rested for a while and wakes up at 9.00 am (he came back at 7.30 am). "Alright, time to go to work!"

Childe puts on his signature clothes and goes to his office at Northland Bank

Another boring day at the Northland Bank with a mountain of boring paperwork to do. Despite being a high rank Fatui, he too can't run from paperwork. Another uneventful day. No people to chase, really just boring paperwork. 

What had only been 3 hours felt like an eternity to this ordinary day. Childe wants to go out really, but he knows if he doesn't finish today's work, he'll never finish it.

Suddenly, "Childe-sama, someone wants to meet you."

'Ugh, who is it now?'

"Let them in" he replied. He was surprised to see a young man with brown hair walked through the door. "Childe-dono, sorry to bother you. Is now a busy time?"

Childe really wants to go hang out with Zhongli but he just can't with how much work he has. "Yea, it kinda is. Just look at all this paperwork I have to do." Childe replied, showing the piles of papers on his table.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure this is my fault for borrowing you for the whole day yesterday. All of this is two days worth of work, correct?"

"Yea, but don't blame yourself. I was the one who wanted to go yesterday."

"I already knew that you'll probably have a lot of work today so, I came here to help."

"What?! Are you for real?? How are you going to help me tho?"

"I do have some level of understanding of how things work."

"Really? Thanks a lot!"

Childe starts showing the basics, Zhongli looks like he already knew most of it. He IS wise and all. "Okay, that's all you need to know. Do you need anything?"  "Umm, a seat would be nice."

"Ouh uh- Here, you can sit beside me." Childe said as he took a chair and places it right besides him.

Childe had a rectangular table with a small cabinet underneath on the right side. He asked Zhongli to sit beside him (left) because of how the desk is oriented. The desk isn't wide enough for Zhongli to sit in front of Childe or else their knees would clash over each other.  The piles of paper is mostly at the sides of the table so Zhongli sitting at the either ends of the table is weird and he can't really use the table. The only free space is in front of Childe so Zhongli has to sit close to him.

 Zhongli sat next to Childe and they started to work together finishing the paperwork. They're so close to each other that sometimes their shoulders would brushes each other. Childe flinching ever so slightly to the gentle touch but wasn't noticeable enough to the Geo Archon.