xii

Sapnap gazed at himself in that tiny bathroom's mirror, head to the side to stretch out his neck while wearing his tshirt. The hickeys Karl left were a mottled red and amethyst, proclamations of affection written out against the tender flesh of his throat. Unfortunate, it was completely unfortunate that Sapnap wasn't able to enjoy their meaning. Instead, he was stuck in the back corners of his mind that were screaming at him. Dream and George were going to see them. Things were going to come crashing down.

Shaking a bit, Sapnap filled his lungs with the steamy air created by the shower, and opened the door from the bathroom. He walked the trail Karl had kissed him into following with energy drinks and whiskey tainting their blood, walking into the bedroom to grab himself a hoodie. Sapnap hoped that a hood bunched around his collar would help, but froze when he walked in and found both Dream and George- canine and porcelain doll- awake in the darkness.

Dream was at the dresser, grabbing clothes from the drawers while murmuring something disappointingly domestic to George. When Sapnap walked into the room, which was tinged and tainted with the type of light that comes at a springtime dawn, Dream pulled away from the dresser, paced to George with a kiss prepared for the corner of the boy's lips, and brushed passed Sapnap with only acknowledgement with a quick fluff to his hair. Sapnap preferred when Karl braided it, back in the bayou of blooming, gorgeous flowers in the middle of the night, able to hear when pink lips sipped from a Monster can and eventually able to feel the weight of the boy asleep against his back.

"Hi Sapnap," George drawled, obviously hungover and still sitting on the bed. Sapnap's blue eyes went to him and watched the porcelain doll of a boy discard his winter coat off the side of the bed. Sapnap, just wanting a place to sit and contemplate where the fuck life was going for him, collapsed on his back onto the rucked up sheets and worn-out mattress.

Time went slow as Sapnap laid and George sat there, breaths passing even from the stag and rickety from the marionette. Pipes creaked, signifying Dream running the shower, and time slowly bled outside. The amount of light in the bedroom changed, steadily getting brighter, but still not to the vibrance that came with a full spring day.

A hiccup of a giggle from George came before he twisted to look at Sapnap. The taller of the two, though by only a few breaths, quirked an eyebrow at the sudden movement. The pale brunet just let out an echo of the past noise and slid his body across the bed until he was completely laying on top of Sapnap. Nerves piquing from how George's body was pressed completely against his, Sapnap tried to function. "George," he wasn't sure what he was going to follow the name with, although, maybe it would've been a rejection. Maybe Sapnap had finally found someone he was willing to trade sex for loyalty with.

"What?" George breathed, voice hoarse from sleep and whatever he and Dream had gone out doing for the past day or dozen; however much time it was, neither boy knew. George rested his cheek against the spot where Sapnap's shoulder melted into his pectoral, nose pressing under the jaw that Karl fell hard for, and blazed a path with his thumbs from Sapnap's ribs to his outer thighs. Resting his palms on the flesh there, covered by a pair of navy sweatpants, George went nibbling at the boy's neck.

Sapnap had to stay still, hoping with his entire body that George was too out of it to notice the claims of burst capillaries left to paint his throat. Sunlight was slowly collecting and George was doing nothing but gripping the boy's thighs with a tender grip and licking like a kitten across Sapnap's mottled neck.

Time continued warping because Sapnap couldn't make up his goddamn mind. His thoughts boiled and liquified, escaping him every time he tried to grasp them. George's body was warm, the tip of his tongue teasing and glorious in the feeling against his wounded, still-sensitive neck.