2

Tanjiro had always wanted to go out on adventures, he always wanted to explore the world, the outside he hardly remembers, the place where he can only see In his Imagination.

Although Tanjiro Is pure and always show a radiant of Innocence, as long as Tanjiro can remember some things can easily trigger him of a certain memory he hardly remembers, the memory was either pleasant or terrifying, If It occurred he would either stay quiet or run to his father figure, Muzan kibutsuji--

"Tanjiro-san... Muzan-sama wants to see you.." A voice Interrupted Tanjiro from his daydreaming, a voice so soft yet can't compare to the ethereal voice of the little boy.

Tanjiro hurriedly got up and opened the door, seeing Mukago, Tanjiro smiled, greeting his big sister and continuing his way to the direction of Muzan's room.

Tanjiro skipped from the seemingly never-ending stairs, some of the walls he walked past, showing colorful handprints, he remembers the day where he somehow found paint somewhere and painted the walls using his hands, although his family got upset a bit, they forgave him after he apologized and even joined In with Tanjiro painting the walls.

Tanjiro finally reached his destination, he was now facing a latticework wooden frame, covered with translucent white paper, he knocked softly on the said door feeling Its smooth and slightly rough texture as he waited for something like a call from the other side.

After a minute passed, he slowly extended his hand again as his worry for his father-figure began but as his hand was about to touch the door, he finally heard the voice of Muzan calling for him to come In but little Tanjiro smelled something off about his master and also his voice.

He finally opened the door and closed It after he entered. He took In his surroundings noticing the already familiar unique interior designs, simple furniture, and an open and cozy atmosphere If It wasn't for some of the furniture broken or tipped over and also a stressed Muzan In front.

Tanjiro faced Muzan as he bowed while looking straight at the floor, keeping his back and neck straight as possible to try not to break his tranquil composure when he was secretly worried for his father figure.

"What do you need me for, Master?" little Tanjiro softly asked, worry evident in his voice. He heard his master exhaustedly sigh and a forced smile slowly formed on his face "I just missed my son and wanted to see him again" Muzan said referring to Tanjiro. When they're only alone together, Muzan calls him son and Tanjiro seemed to like It very much. Muzan was the closest thing to a father and also Kokushibou nii-chan but he sometimes switches to an overprotective mother...

"There's something more you're not telling me.. Father, please tell me what's bothering you" little Tanjiro said as he pleadingly looked at Muzan who visibly flinched as he heard the word, Father. Tanjiro who was now busy with his thoughts trying to think of something that could make his master happy didn't realize he called his master Father. He started to want to call Muzan his father when Muzan started calling him a son but he was too shy to say. Does he even deserve that title..?

Muzan's face softened. He always tries to have a calm demeanor to the others to show that everything will be okay but sometimes he's just so tired and exhausted.

"An upper moon or lower moon told someone about you" Muzan said lowly. He tried to keep Tanjiro's Identity as upper moon zero a secret but I guess that changes today. "I just found out today since there was a witness but they couldn't tell which upper moon or lower moon Is It, Luckily they knew who the person they're talking with... Haru uzuki"

"I sent Rui to his house but he already escaped... I'm afraid that the demon slayers now know there's an upper moon zero" Muzan continued. His anger rising slowly as he sighed. "You can go now Tanjiro.." He said almost eagerly. Not trying to burden his son anymore with his mistake.

Tanjiro was upset since he was just gonna leave It like that. He wants him to be happy but I guess Muzan now needs some alone time.

He bowed once again and took his leave. Only heading for his room. Maybe just maybe tomorrow he could spend some time with him again.

~•~

There were corpses everywhere, their blood coloring the opaque snow, their desolated bodies, and lifeless eyes scared the little boy but what scared him the most Is that they were familiar, 2 people were standing but their features about them being human deny It, their long sharp fangs that could pierce flesh and their fingernails that match their fangs, their drooling never stopped as their eyes looked hungrily at their next victim, Tanjiro, they were looking at him with such malice and hunger, panic quickly slammed right to him as he started looking for Muzan or the moon demons, where were they or actually where was he.

He tried to run but soon he realized he was on a basket that Is being carried by a girl. "T-tanjiro.. Close your eyes" she whispered, panic clearly in her voice, his sight started getting darker but he could make some of the scene happening till he no longer sees anything.

It started to get bright again as he could make out a wooden floor. "Tanjiro.." Tanjiro's head shot up as he immediately heard that familiar voice. Happy that Muzan was finally here but what he didn't expect Is Muzan In bed looking at death's door, tears falling slowly on his pale face. It almost looks like a flick could kill him but how can that be, he was fine moments ago. Worriedly Tanjiro was about to say something but his sight started to darken once again... And he woke up.

He was now facing his familiar ceiling. His vision blurry a bit but after a minute passed It started to clear, all the memories from his nightmare hit him and he quickly got up and ran like never before towards the room of Muzan. His face showing worry. The dream felt so real, he wanted to check on Muzan, he blamed himself that maybe If he stayed In his room, he would wake up next to his warm embrace, feeling reassured just from his company. Tanjiro reached his room and opened the door forgetting to knock. "F-father..!" He whispered a bit loudly, he was out of breath as he looked for his master. Not realizing once again that he called him father. "Tanjiro? What's wrong?" Muzan asked from his chair, he was still on that same spot Tanjiro once left him. Muzan doesn't need sleep.

Tanjiro ran up to him and hugged as his little arms can go and started to sob. "I-i had a scary dream.." Tanjiro shakily said. Muzan after hearing that tightened his grip. "Shh, It's okay... It was just a dream" Muzan softly whispered as he started to rock Tanjiro to sleep. Continuously whispering words 'It's okay' or 'It was just a dream'.

~•~

Morning soon came and Tanjiro started to wake up from his slumber. He was In his bed as he took a minute to remember yesterday's past events. It did make him feel better but he still felt a bit scared. Scared that he will lose his only father figure.

He went to the lobby and saw that the moon demons have been discussing something. One of them noticed Tanjiro's presence and told the others.

They were all now looking at Tanjiro as they all smiled. Daki-san came up to Tanjiro and swooped him up as she started to tickle Tanjiro. The little boy's laughter could be heard inside the room as each one of their smiles grew bigger. Tanjiro Is just so adorable.

Tanjiro was finally free of Daki-san's hold as his laughter turned into a fit of giggles. "I am the tickle demon" Daki-san goofily said as she started raising her hands as she slowly approached Tanjiro. "Tanjiro~" Doma said joining In. "Tanjiro, please come here..?" Kokushibo said or mostly asked as he started raising his hands, opening them, and closing them. Motioning for him to come. 'Nono..!not you too!'

~•~

Tanjiro was now sitting on his bed humming happily, dangling his legs. Little Tanjiro realized that It was only a scary dream and besides he's family got his back. What more could he ask for? Well... As If on cue, he heard his door slid open revealing Muzan. "I hope you're feeling better.." He softly said as Tanjiro nodded happily giving a thumbs up. Muzan discussed this with the moon demons and they all finally agreed, they will do anything to make their youngest happy. "I was thinking... Do you still remember the thing you always asked me..?" Muzan asked as Tanjiro started to think but nothing came To mind. "You wanted to go outside and go on an adventure.." Tanjiro's face quickly lit up as he bounced up and down. "Can I really go outside?!" Tanjiro said as he waited for a clear answer to make sure. "Tomorrow" Tanjiro squealed. He may have had a bad day but that doesn't mean It will last forever. He can't wait to start his little adventure.

(A/n: Tanjiro can withstand the sun so don't worry about him going outside)