chapter 46

CHAPTER 46

Jeon Jungkook

World Tour departure day used to be an event that Jungkook looked forward to

World Tour departure day used to be an event that Jungkook looked forward to. It was the day he starts traveling 7 countries for months with all six of his brothers along with the family they created at work. Their World Tour departure was once the brightest day he was most excited to come, but now it became the day he was dreading the most.

He should be on their private jet to Los Angeles yet he was outside the Hwangyeon Hospital, the largest most prestigious one in Seoul where Areum worked as he waited for her to come out of her first surgery after the 7-month break given to her.

It was late so she wouldn't drive and would've already called a ride to their home in Itaewon. He wanted to know how her first-surgery back went although he was certain she was able to pull it off without a struggle. Deep inside, he just wanted to see her one last time before he chased after his dreams again.

There weren't many cars and people that time of the night in the Hospital, and he hasn't been being followed since the stunt Areum pulled off a couple months ago. The members were happily living their private lives for a while until they had to leave for tour.

Areum usually clocked out before 2 in the morning being the latest, and just as usual, she stepped out of the Hospital a minute after the clock strikes 2.

She kept a low gaze on the ground as she waited for the ride she must've booked.

Jungkook decided to approach her but another figure stepped in beside her. A frown formed his lips upon getting a good look at the man beside his soon-to-be-wife and how relieved she was when she looked up and saw who approached her first.

"Seung Jae-ah," she breathed out with a small smile.

Areum never addressed him by his first name until now.

"Chukahae," Seung Jae spoke as he gazed at her with genuine admiration. Hearing how he congratulated her with such an endearing voice, it was evident that Areum did perform her first surgery well.

[ Chu•ka•hae : 축하해 = Congrats, Congratulations (informal) ]

Jungkook clenched his jaw and fists as he stayed on the sidelines. He wanted to cut in, take what was his and stop other men looking at her the way Seung Jae does. He wanted him to stop looking at her like how Jungkook himself often looks at her—like he'd give her the moon if he could.

"Lee Seung Jae." she muttered as she looked up at him once more.

Her voice was not dismissive nor cold, it was more tired and longing.

Seung Jae lost the smile on his lips as he studied her face. His eyes quivered and his hands gently moved towards her face as he hesitantly glanced at her for permission but before he could even touch her, Jungkook interfered protectively.