Chapter 34

Kevin dressed and started down the stairs. When he started towards his office he stopped and turned towards the kitchen. Deciding that coffee was required before he had to deal with anything. Subconsciously he was giving her more time to finish, but wouldn't admit it to himself. He sat at the kitchen counter sipping his coffee. None of the pack members going in or out of the kitchen greeted him. When Tia came in and ignored him, he had enough. "Tia please tell me why the pack is ignoring me?"

She turned to him and bowed her head. "I'm sorry Alpha, I don't know." Now Kevin was pissed. Tia had never been submissive to him. Always running her mouth and giving her opinion.

"Tia look at me." He was gritting his teeth trying not to yell. Tia raised her head and look at him. Her eyes were full of anger. "Now...I will ask you again...what is going on?"

"The pack is trying to be respectful so they don't get punished Alpha." Now Kevin understood this was all about Kyra. Well he would let them play their little game. It wasn't going to change his mind. In fact he would join them. He had a smirk on his face when he looked at Tia.

"Well that is good news. It's about time some of you were a little more respectful." He left her standing there with her mouth agape. He laughed to himself as he made his way to the office. When he walked in he was shocked. The room was clean. All the furniture that had not been broken was back in place. His desk was organized, with his papers neatly stacked. All the books were back on the shelves. Upon closer inspection he saw that all the books were out of order. He smiled. He had her new task for the day. When he looked at the seating area he saw Kyra curled up on the sofa asleep. He debated whether to wake her or not. Finally deciding to just let her sleep for awhile.

Kevin busied himself with taking care of pack business he had neglected for the last couple of days. It was late morning when he decided on a break, so he linked Maria to bring him some breakfast and coffee. He couldn't remember the last time he had a meal. The thought causing his stomach to growl. Kevin got up and walked over to where Kyra was sleeping. He could feel the mate pull getting stronger. He shook his head and walked back to his desk. He couldn't let himself think about that. She had rejected him. There was a knock on the door as his stomach growled again. He could smell the food. "Come in!" He said it a little louder than necessary, knowing the outcome. Kyra sat up startled just as the door opened. Maria brought in a plate piled high with food, a bowl of fruit and a pot of coffee. He smiled at her and started to dig in. He looked at her sheepishly. "I'm sorry Maria thank you for the food." Maria smiled and nodded. Glancing sadly toward Kyra, she left the room."

Kyra walked over and stood in front of his desk with her head down, waiting to be acknowledged. Kevin continued to eat and ignore her presence. When he was half through, he stopped to look at her. Kevin felt a twinge of guilt at her having to stand so submissive before him. Then quickly shook the feeling away. "Kyra." She slowly lifted her head but kept her eyes downcast. "You did a good job with the room. However there are still a couple things for you to do today. The first is that you need to organized the bookshelves. They are back up but in the wrong order. The second task we will discuss when you are done."

"Yes Alpha. May I speak Alpha?"

"Yes."

"I am so sorry Alpha that I fell asleep in here. I was only going to sit for a moment and don't remember going to sleep. Please don't punish me. I would also like permission to leave and get a ladder."

Kevin sighed. This was harder than he thought it would be. "I will not punish you it is understandable. You may leave to get the ladder." Kevin went back to eating but stopped her before she could go out the door. "And Kyra...eat breakfast before you come back." Kyra nodded and hurried out the door. Kevin looked at his food and pushed the plate aside. His appetite left with the sad look on her face.