PRELUDE !

WARNING - MENTIONS OF DEATH, TORTURE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, ABUSE ETC

THEY SAY MANKIND IS IN ALL WAYS INHERENTLY FLAWED - they fear what they cannot comprehend and love, an unrequited and stubborn kind of bittersweet longing

THEY SAY MANKIND IS IN ALL WAYS INHERENTLY FLAWED - they fear what they cannot comprehend and love, an unrequited and stubborn kind of bittersweet longing. It takes one by surprise, how swiftly one single human being can enter the meaningless void that is man's life and crush any false promises it offers for the future.

Then there is karma, enticing yet incredibly nauseating - the word in itself is an oxymoron, much like the kind of relationships it brings along with it. This much is true for the wedding of Elizabeth Winchester, a widowed mutant who became so self invested in her own pipe dream of revenge she fell for the vilest of human beings - a highly arrogant and cruel politician.

And for some deranged reason, Elizabeth didn't regret it. Or at least, that's what she convinced herself, as human scum tore into her insides, simply because she had been blessed with a gift she could not control.

This feeling of isolation, of being marginalised as a result of a gift from the higher being, was something many mutants experienced vastly. It taught them adaptation, and the art of effortlessly concealing your powers so that no self obsessed homosapien could lust after them.

However, there was one thickly outlined differentiation between fair Elizabeth and her kind - they were cowards wallowing around in self pity, leaving their true heritage lest they would not suffer the unruly claws of oppression.

On the other hand, she was a myth - a whisper uttered by seamen. Elizabeth Winchester was the superior mutated being in all ways they could not muster the courage to imagine, "they say there's a siren" the men of earth would whisper softly to the humming of the waves, "when you catch a glimpse, i assure you that that is the last thing you'll ever witness."

They weren't far from the truth, but they weren't exactly close either.

"Excellent," he's back again - the head of these human lowlifes, and the voice too - a stout middle aged man with a nasty leer and a pristine suit. He's met with her before, but with much noble intentions.