001

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ONE  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ there are more of us?

・゚: *・゚:*  ONE  *:・゚*:・゚
ˏˋ°•* there are more of us?

THEY SAY WATER IS MANKINDS GREATEST BLESSING, MUCH LIKE OIL IS MANKIND'S GREATEST CURSE. On the contrary, Briar Miller despises it - she feels trapped and bitter, her skin peels and burns and her cuts ooze. They would use it on her as a child, that's why she simply cannot stand it. It's cruel enough that she remembers, the twisted ways of mutant hating men - she was a child, a mere seven year old, and her birth father left her and her mother to die at the hands of vile creatures.

She counts herself as one of the lucky ones, however - she was saved by a mysterious figure. His steely eyes are the only feature she seems to remembers vaguely, the rest is unclear. Whoever this mysterious savior figure was, she wishes to slit his throat - instead of rescuing her and keeping young Briar under his wing, he left the girl to fend for herself, isolated and labelled as the "freak" of Saint Paul's Orphanage.

It's all fuzzy and translucent, the memory is frayed around the corners. Briar scowls as she thinks of the time her idiotic mother admitted their heritage out of guilt, knowing full well what dangers she would set loose on their path of life. Whilst she doesn't totally despise her mother, she doesn't think too highly of her either, and simply resents the lie, the clearly outlined false claim that she had been removed from her daycare due to the excuse of a getaway in Transylvania. It doesn't help that her naïve and younger counterpart fell into her bastard of a father's trap, but instead of warm cocoa, she was met with needles and butcher knifes - it's a miracle that the trauma of it all didn't break her.

"you had to soak my new frock, didn't you?" the thirteen year old girl scowls at the grim looking nun, resisting the urge to make a rude hand gesture and wipe the smirk off the abusive hag. There's no reply, the nun merely smirks slightly, tilts her head and scoffs to herself, scurrying over to the next victim.

Gritting her teeth as a means of muting the screeching of her scars, the young mutant makes her way to the first class, loosening her pigtails rebelliously and smudging a stolen chapstick on her lips - it's her only way of looking presentable and not some kind of zoo specimen to gawk at. Briar yawns uncontrollably throughout the church choir, earning disapproving looks. At this point she doesn't really seem to care anymore, or at least she thinks she doesn't.

Within minutes, it seems as though the antique grandfather clock strikes eight, bringing the much lusted joy of sleeping undisturbed after several dreary hours of arithmetic and hymns.

Food doesn't do much for Briar, nor is she given that privilege for being mutated. According to some fucked up ideology held by the nuns and school council, crushing the x gene out of her genetic system using a method of starvation seems to be giving off effective results.