Chapter 2

"Lawrence please stop! I can't live like this without you!"

"Lawrence please we can fix this! Please disregard and let's talk about it."

"Lawrenceeee!!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Good Morning Dr. Dominguez"

"Dr. Dominguez, here's a cup of cappuccino for you."

"Good Morning Dr. Dominguez I would love to scrub in with you."

I smiled at them individually while I'm trying my best to walk faster. Shit. I'm almost late for work. I have been paged for 3 times already, I am so dead right now.

"Dr. Lee" I said while taking out my pen and my notepads from my bag. "Yes, Dr. Dominguez!" she said attentively, these interns would really love to be tortured by their attendings just to get scrub. When I was an intern, I would kill someone just to get scrub in. Sighed, those days are really fun. "I would love you to put my bag in the Attending's lounge and" gives her my bag and grabs the coffee from her hands which she offers to me. "thank you for this. And be alerted, I might be needing an extra hand later." She quickly grabs my bag then ran straight to the elevator. Interns. I smiled then walk straight to the nurse's station.

"Look who's here." She said while checking her patient's file. "Where were you last night? I've been looking for you. You should have been texted me so that I can enjoy tequila without the feeling of worrying." Oh, isn't she so sweet?

"Aww, you're so sweet Jill. I might have to marry you." I said mockingly. She is Jillian Antionette Klarisa Perez, also known as Jill. Half Filipino, Half Italian. We met here in New York Grace Hospital and she was also my co-intern. She's a pediatric surgeon so me and Jill has the same floor since we specialized to kids and fetuses.

"There he is!" he said then he punches me softly in the arm. "Hey! You stop." I said while laughing at him, he is Kenny Jackson. We also met here in New York Grace Hospital and also, he was my co-intern. He is a General Surgeon and also the chief of General Surgery. "You are missing last night. Where were you?" he said then took my phone out in my coat. Jill, Kenny, and I were the last 3 in our group that has survived during our internship and resident years. There was Kelsey, who got fired in our 2ND year residency due to her attitude towards to the patients and colleagues. She was good actually but her manners towards to us and to her patients wasn't appropriate, especially when she made a scene with our Chief of Surgery Dr. Briggs and calling him foul words. And then there was Miguelito, who got fired because of her butterfingers and has failed to his residency examination. He almost killed a patient trice and put the risk of the patients whenever he's scrubbing in. Resident and the Attendings at that time were scared for him whenever he joins to the surgery.

"Where was I last night? Oh, I'm already drunk and I have to drive miles away from the party to my home." I lied while remembering what happened between me and Jasper, wait I haven't seen him yet. "Are you my mom Jill? Because the last time I knew my mom was dead 12 years ago." I added. Jill was a Half Filipino-Half Italian. Her mom was a Filipino while her dad is Italian. She carries her mom surname because her mom and dad where separated when she was 2 years old. Her mom and I like each other because we speak Filipino language whenever we go to her place, she will cook us Filipino food like diniguan, sisig, adobo, lumpiang shanghai, pinakbet and biko.

Her mom treats me like her own child. That is why me and Jill were so close together its like we were siblings. Jill doesn't know how to speak Filipino but she can understand. "I heard you were missing with" Kenny leans forward to my ears "with Dr. White?" he slowly got off in my face then winks at me which leads to Jill giving me the face.