𝐢𝐢𝐢

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ; 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

     Alida's recent encounter plagued her mind as she walks on, the reins of her horse in her grip

     Alida's recent encounter plagued her mind as she walks on, the reins of her horse in her grip. She was bewildered. She'd just been told she was going to die, and the way it'd occur was so vague that even Alida's intelligence couldn't piece it together. She was desperate to tell Nimue and Pym of her experience, hurrying to find them. The brunette wasn't confident in confiding in the two of them with her situation, considering she hardly knew enough about it to tell them. For all she knew, they'd brush it off and remind her that it could have been a random traveler trying to scare Alida. But there was something in her gut screaming at her that it was more than a silly prank.

     She was caught off guard at the sight of both Pym and Nimue riding in a frenzy towards Alida. With her brows drawn together, Alida quickly realizes that their danger is more important than whatever Alida was becoming involved in. She pushes herself onto Anvil, urging him to turn around and gallop after Nimue just in front of the men and Paladins. They'd nearly caught up to her, but Anvil was faster than the Paladin's horses, and she was able to catch up to Old Boy. "What happened?" Alida shouts as they leave the town.

"There's no time to explain! We can't let the Paladins catch us!" one of them yell. Alida found it difficult to notice which one of them had been speaking, but it didn't matter. She urged Anvil forward, knuckles turning white due to how harshly she was gripped onto the reins of her horse. Soon enough, greenery begins to surround them. The hooves of the horses crush dead leaves and twigs beneath them, but everyone eventually slows down. "There!" Nimue points to a more secluded area that appeared to be behind a large boulder. The girls are quick to dismount their horses, pulling them along towards the rocks.

     With ease, the horses lie beside Alida and Nimue, the trio crouched and peeking through slight cracks within the rough stone. Alida subconsciously holds her breath at the sight of red, hooves steadily approaching their location, but becoming quiet when the men come to a full stop. None of them could understand what distraction it had been, but the Paladins' heads snapped the opposite way, and their horses trudged onward. Alida released her breath, placing a hand on her frantically rising and falling chest. They were lucky the men had stupidly not thought to track them through the dirt. They seemed too arrogant to believe any of the girls would get away from their dirty grasp.

     From her peripheral vision, Alida watched Nimue turn her head, the brunette following her sister's actions. Her eyes widened and brows furrowed at the sight before her. An unfamiliar face, though neither Pym or Nimue were alarmed. "Arthur," Nimue breathed out, and Alida could see the ghost of a smile grace her sister's lips. "Who is this?" Alida quickly, but quietly asked the two girls in hope of answers. Arthur noticed her shortly after, and it was clear he hadn't noticed a third head peaking through the boulder. "Alida, this Arthur. Arthur, this is my sister. Alida," Nimue rushed to the introductions. Arthur hardly spared Alida a smile, finding their other situation at hand more urgent. Alida's questions about the random boy would have to cease until later.