𝐢

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐃

     Her fingers brush against the surface of the leaves within the bush, the color and texture spreading to her skin like wildfire

Her fingers brush against the surface of the leaves within the bush, the color and texture spreading to her skin like wildfire. Her feet follow the young boy, keeping a distance between the two as her footsteps were far slower than his. She pulls her hand from the bush, the green fading from her fingertips as her head twists upward. "Alida!" Nimue shouted towards the Fey girl.

     The girl who, as most would say, never stopped crying. Those sheer black tears that stained her cheeks forever were almost a curse. The two share a wide grin at the sight of each other, Alida hurrying over to Nimue. The two shared a warm embrace, Alida's arms tightening slightly around Nimue. "I missed you," she said as her hand rubbed her sister's back.

     The two separated from the hug, Nimue resting her hands on Alida's shoulders. Her crystal blue eyes flicker down to the boy which Alida had been following. He'd been stealing items from the pockets of others, and Alida hadn't paid enough attention to notice. "Are you unaware that Squirrel has been stealing right beneath your nose?" Nimue asked her as she released a short laugh.

     Nimue's hands fell to her sides, eyes focused on the younger boy dressed in green and leather. Alida tilted her head, raising a brow as the corner of her lip had tugged upward into a small, mischievous smirk. "Was it worth it?" she asked the boy, looking further down at the canteen clutched in his palms. He shrugged, eyeing the object for a moment before bringing it to his pink lips. The substance had made the boy's face contort into distaste. "Bleh!" he exclaimed while tearing the item away.

     Alida snickered, using her right hand to cover her mouth and muffle the sound that had passed her lips. Nimue shook her head in almost disappointment, as if she was a mother scolding her child. Although, Alida didn't see the harm in it. He was a child, and it was probably his first taste of ale. Alida had never liked it much, either. Nimue tore the canteen from his grip, scoffing.

     The boy had grunted, clearly displeased with Nimue's way of handling him. But he was quick to change the topic and parted his lips to speak. "Nimue, are you going to the pyre?" he asked her, head forced to tilt up to meet her eyes. Alida gasped, raising her hand to her mouth once again. "Have you forgotten?" she teased, smile hiding beneath the skin of her palm. Of course she had. Nimue had no interest of being summoned, and therefore saw no reason to attend. But as the high priestess' daughter, it was a requirement. Alida was too different to attend.

     "Oh, the Gods," she muttered, the back of her hand touching her forehead while the other rested upon her left hip. "Mother will kill me," she said, her lips twisted into a frown now that she had been reminded of today's events. "Well, you better hurry along. I can't be there to make excuses for you." Alida's voice was an octave higher at the last sentence, practically whistling it in Nimue's ears. "I wish I could go," Squirrel piped up.