Chapter 3

Again, I only own the plot!!!

Wylan's POV:  

I never thought I would say this, but I really missed the gang. The adventures we went on, the fun we had, the family we'd become. Gosh, I missed it. However, missing Kaz was defiantly not something I would have ever imagined as the tense silence grew around us. Inej had promised to explain. What? I don't know, but she said she would when Kaz came back down. It had been five minutes when the sound of his cane could be heard on the stairs. 

Finally.

We all wait for him to come down and slide into the seat next to Inej before looking expectedly at Inej. Kaz only raising his brows in response to our odd behaviour, turning to Inej with a questioning look.

"I said I would explain what's been going on," She mumbled, earning a nod from Kaz as he went back to his coffee. "Okay, so- where to start." (Big monologue coming up, sorry)

"Okay, so after you all went your own ways, I went off to hunt slavers and Kaz stayed to keep an eye on the Slat," she began, drawing in our attention. "About two years of hunting them down, I returned to Ketterdam. I- well I wanted to find you guys, but Kaz wouldn't leave, so I stayed here. For the past eight years, Kaz and I have been running the Dregs together and building up! We now have two clubs and a chain of businesses. We-" (not as long as I thought, sorry)

"What did you actually want to tell us, "Nina piped up. I may not know them as well as Jesper and Nina, but even I could see this wasn't the news Inej wanted to share.

"Well-" Inej started, sharing a look with Kaz. That look seemed to be all the message they needed as Inej went to take off her left glove. Kaz already slipping off his. (which shocks me to this day) In unison, they lifted their left hand towards us-

Showing identical gold band on their ring fingers.

My jaw dropped as Nina let out a scream, Jesper, frozen in shock between us. Scaring half the members nearby.

"Y-your married!" I manage to sputter out at the same time Nina yelled,

"Why didn't you tell us!" Sounding more upset than surprised.

I was shocked (which was an understatement), yes, but I also understood why Nina was upset. We were the closest to them. Family even. And they didn't tell us? Especially something as big as this!

"I know we didn't tell you, I'm sorry," Inej replied quickly. Kaz already pulling his glove back on. "I wanted to tell you all more than anything! But we had no idea where you all were, and every time we found out and went to send a letter, you disappeared again!" Okay, couldn't blame them for that. We weren't the most traceable people around. Nina took a deep breath, which seemed to bring Jesper out of his state of shock. 

"Well," Nina took another deep breath and grabbed Inej's hand from across the table. "I'm happy for you. Both, of you."

"Thank you," Inej smiled, Kaz nodded his head. To think, they were the first to get married. The two most isolated people to exist, together. I smiled,

"Yeah, congrats!" Jesper nodded along to my statement. 

"You guys have certainly been up to more than us!" Nina teased, causing all but Inej and Kaz to relax. However, silence fell too quickly as Jesper whispered,

"What else?"

"Sorry?" Inej questioned.

"Oh, come on. I've known you guys for how many years?" Jesper was now smirking at the couple. As if he knew something more. "There's something you aren't telling us."

Everyone turned back to the couple. I wonder, what else has happened?

Jesper's POV:

I figured it out. When Inej and Kaz showed their rings. I realized exactly why Kaz was smiling more, and why he had needed to go upstairs. I knew it!

Inej's POV:

If this was how they handled the married news, I had no idea how they would handle Jordie. But we had to tell them. Kaz would just hit them with the news, which meant I had to be the one to tell them. But how do you tell your family you have a son. Six years after he was born.

"Well, there is one more thing that's happened since we went our own ways." Jesper looked like he already knew, which was a relief. Though, I was more frightened of how Nina would respond.

"Well spill!" Nina pushed. "I want to know everything!' She was still holding my hand, her grip tightening as the seconds ticked by.

"Well-" I felt a hand on my knee and was immediately grateful that Kaz was beside me. Knowing he would step in if I couldn't continue. I took a deep breath. "Well, we've been married six years now, and we-we really wanted to start a family."

 I really wish, in moments like these, that I had Kaz's voice of confidence. I could see realization donning in their eyes. I was scared. I didn't want any of them to think that we hadn't wanted to share the news with them. It was like before, we couldn't find them. Taking note of my hesitation, Kaz took over. As predicted he didn't cut any corners.

"We have a son," he stated plainly, though I could hear the underlay of pride in his words. A smile found its way to my lips as I placed my hand over his, which still rested on my knee. Anchoring us both. "He upstairs, sleeping."

And I could see the moment our once calm, collected friends, descend into chaos and when the smirk from Jesper turned into a full-on smile.

"Congratulations," I add. "You're now all aunts and uncles!"

Sorry for the shorter chapter! I know it's not my best work! Also, I'm not exactly sure how to write the next few chapters, so they won't come out for a while. And if you have any ideas on what to do for when the gang meets Jordie, please let me know!!! I had a whole writing plan but it's gone out the window, LOL! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Sugi