Darmiyaan

ONESHOT / SHORT STORY

"Ughh...I hate this!"

Naira yelled as she tugged on her knee length dress, which was stuck in a nail.

Hailey asked her to hurry as she was too excited to party after so long, while Naira was still struggling to get rid of this scene. There was constant staring and giggling which pissed Naira.

She pulled it hard with all the life she had in her. It led to a bigger blunder though. She almost tore her dress all the way up. It slit a few inches above her knee, she was hell of a mess right now!

She turned to Hailey with a 'save me' look but she was nowhere to be seen.
She spotted her in a corner with an Italian guy.

"She's too busy to help!"
She turned as it's bad manners to watch people making out. (hehe🙈)

She clutched the torn part of her dress in her fist and looked around, only to see people drinking and dancing.

"Where the heck is this Mayur?!"
She continued speaking to herself.

"Hosted this party himself and he's being Alice in wonderland!"

She saw Mayur's brother standing near the bar counter all suited and booted, glued to his phone.
She reluctantly walked up to him.

"Hey!"
She had to scream because of the loud music.

He looked up and she saw his handsome face. His eyes met hers. He gave a soft smile.

"Hi!! Naira what's up?"
She would nearly faint if she wasn't going through the 'dress trauma'. He still remembers her name.

"H-hi! Actually could I know where Mr.Mayur Goenka is residing tonight?" She asked him annoyed cause first this dress and then Mayur.

He chuckled and pushed the phone in his jean pocket behind.
He pressed his lips together and pretended to think. She rolled her eyes impatiently.

"So my rascal brother has upset his girlfriend with his unpuctuality...hmm.."

"Shut up. I'm not his girlfriend. Only 'FRIEND'."
She said clearly getting teased.

"Okay okay..calm."

"So where is he?"

"Must be playing around. You know your 'FRIEND' right?"
He stressed on friend to irritate her.
But she looked tense.
"Anything I could help?"
He asked concerned.

"Umm..no it's ok..I'll manage..."
She didn't want to disclose a wardrobe malfunction to her high school crush. She still had feelings for him, a lot much.

"Oh okay...I understand. Only my brother could help there."
He joked.

"Stop being a pervert. I have my problems to deal with."
She turned to go but he held her free hand.(not the one she was holding her
dress with)
"W-what are doing?"
She fumbled as his hand on hers was making her nervous.

He leaned close to her and whispered-
"Come with me."
He took her upstairs in their house and there wasn't any party glee up there.

"Now tell me what problems you have to deal with?"
He raised a brow.

'He looks hot while doing so..'
She dreamily thought.
'That is not what you're supposed to be thinking.'
Her mind retorted.
She shut her eyes and decided to tell him.
"Woh..wohh...my dress is in a bad condition."
She left the edge of the dress, she was holding since an eternity.

He glanced at it. It was actually reflecting what she said, it was crumpled and the slit was quite visible.

He sighed and gripped her wrist.
Without saying a word he took her to a room and opened the closet infront of the bed.