Project

~Thursday
"Does everybody understand the assignment?" The class agrees. "Then get to it." Ms Bustier gestures. "Partners?" I ask Nino. Nino turns his head at me, stares me head on and glares into my soul. I guess he's still mad at the whole situation from yesterday. But hey, he's fine, I'm fine, we're all fine right?

Nino scurries away towards Alya and begs to be partners. Alya, though still tempered, gives in and they walk out the class to start working. At this point everyone has found a partner. I get up, and start walking to Miss Bustier ready to tell her that ill be working alone. Just then, I pass by  Marinette resting face down on her desk, looking completely passed out in dream land. I shuffle over to her and chuckle, then shake her shoulder. "Wake up! We're working on a project right now!" I whisper to her. She slowly opens her droopy eyes and pulls her head up . "Whaaah?"She groans,  her tired mind completely overlooking everything I just said. 

"Marinette? Have you found a partner?" Miss Bustier speaks out, probably noticing her half asleep all the way from the front of the class. "Partner?" Marinette blurts out very confused. I slap my forehead. "Partner for the project, you were paying attention... right?" Miss Bustier questions. "Um...i- uh...." Fully knowing that Marinette was going to be sent to detention for passing out in class, I butt in. "Yeah of course Miss Bustier, Marinette just asked me to be her partner!" I convincingly point out. "Is that so?" She asks suspiciously. "Of course!" Marinette anxiously speaks up, then straightens her back. "Okay then, well no lollygagging. Get to work!" Marinette and I sigh in releif.