The Great Escape

The onslaught of rain against the small cottage had been ongoing throughout the entirety of the day. And as darkness fell upon the Scottish countryside, it looked as if the rain would continue through the night as well. Only this time peals of thunder resounded along with flashes of lightning.
But there was something calming about the storm. Erik didn't know if it was the rhythmic fall of rain or the melody Sigrid was playing on the piano that made his heart beat so steadily.
Freya Mikaelson seemed to be lacking of a steady beating heart. Infact her heart was ready to beat right out of her chest. If anything, Freya was frantic. The book that she was supposedly reading sat in her lap, still as useless as it was when she picked it up. Her hands picked at the edges of the books frayed pages as her eyes darted between the twins and her aunt, Dahlia.
Erik was sitting on the window seat, with eyes transfixed on the outside world, completely unaware of anything going on around him. Sigrid was slowly swaying along with her piano as her fingers flittered along the keys and Dahlia sat across from Erik in a rocking chair, slowly rocking back and forth. Freya knew what was going to happen in the coming year. She knows what Dahlia going to do. And if the twins knew what Dahlia was going to do or what's going to happen then they kept it to themselves.
But Freya wasn't going to let this happen. Not again. It had happened to her and it had happened to the twins and Freya would not let this happen a third time to a Mikaelson firstborn again. Not this time.
Word had reached Dahlia that Nikluas Mikaelson was going to be a father soon and Freya knew that Dahlia wanted the child. For what reasons Freya was not sure but in her gut she knew she had to find out. A promise that she made to herself and the unborn child of her brother.
The only problem she had now was getting past Dahlia. That would task would be difficult but doable.
"Freya are you all right?" Dahlia asked. The young woman had been skittish the entire night and a pit had settled in Dahlia's stomach.
"Oh? I feel fine. Just tired and the storm is a bit unsettling." Freya managed to stutter out.
"Ah yes. I remember. You always were afraid of storms since you were young. I think we could all use a little rest. It is getting pretty late." Dahlia stood up a d walked towards the small staircase as the twins followed in pursuit and after them, Freya.
The night seemed to drag on for Freya. She found it impossible to get any rest. She tossed and turned around in her bed and as the clock struck midnight Freya knew there is no way she would be able to sleep. Silently rising of the bed Freya tiptoed towards her room door. She turned and checked to see if Sigrid was still asleep and watched her and Freya's hands slowly pried the door open. Much to Freya's relief, Sigrid was still asleep, despite the creaky door hinges.
First Freya stuck her head out into the hallway. Eric's door remained shut and so did Dahlia's. Not a single sound heard though the entire cottage. So slowly Freya stepped out, one foot after the other.
Even though Freya had only been in the small cottage for three months she familiarised herself with everything, including floorboards.
And as fast as she could, Freya quickly made her way downstairs.
It would be so easy for Freya to escape. 8f she didn't she would be quite the fool. So as fast a d as silently as she could Freya bolted back up to her room. She opened a  engraved chest at the foot of her bed and started packing the necessary items into a small bag.
By one A.M. the storm started to subside and the raging torrent of rain turned into a light drizzly. Freya slipped out of her room and slowly took of down the hall in a pair of black pants and a maroon hoodie ontop. Freya was about to open the door and go out when a voice behind stopped Freya in her tracks.
" You know Freya I never pegged you as someone who runs away."
Freya turned around and much to her horror and relief Erik was sitting on the window seat.
"I thought I heard something downstairs and I come down to I investigate only to find dearest Freya running away."
Freya's heart dropped into her stomach,"Please Erik, I don't want to stay here anymore. My siblings are I  trouble."
"Oh we know." Freya spun around only to come face to face with Sigrid, "Which is why we are going to help you."
Freya hesitated, " Are you?"
"Of course. Erik got a little something for." Sigrid answered.
Erik stood up from his seat before handing something to Freya. The blond gingerly took the envelope and opened it up. Inside was passports to different countries and Visa work along with money in different currencies.
Freya was at a loss of words, "How did you..."
"Acquire the paper work and money? We ha e a few friends in high places." Erik filled in.
"Thanks," Freya smiled, " you both should come with me. You could find your father with me."
Freya's words seemed to have struck a chord. Erik and Sigrid wanted nothing more then to meet their father but the words of their mother echoed loud in the back of their minds. Obey. Erik slowly shook his head,"We will only slow you down. Go now before Dahlia catches us all out of bed."
With a reluctant nod Freya walked towards the front door and pulled it open. A gust of cold air rushed in to cottage as Freya turned to catch one last glimpse of the twins. She nodded her head in thanks again  before the darkness wrapped around her. Sigrid shut the door as quietly as she could before letting out a yawn,"We should head back to bed. If we're in our rooms and  Dahlia wakes up it'll look as if we don't know  anything about Freya's whereabouts. Erik agreed with a grunt as he ushered his sister upstairs.
Sigrid slept soundly for a few hours until Dahlia decided to start her morning wake up call. If Sigrid didn't know any better she would have thought Dahlia was a rooster in disguise. But Sigrid had nothing to complain about, her body was used to the early mornings.
Erik was already downstairs when a fully dressed Sigrid sat down next to him. And as Dahlia set the food on the table she asked the dreaded question, "Sigi where is Freya?"
Faking confusion Sigrid answered," I thought she was helping you, seeing as she wasn't in the room when I woke up."
In a panic Dahlia rushed upstairs and it sounded as if she was ripping up the floor boards. Dahlia let out a frustrated scream as she realized that Freya had escaped. Dahlia stomped her way downstairs,"The ungrateful bratt! She ran away from me! Does she think she can escape me?!"
The twins could practically see smoke coming out of her ears but it was expected. Dahlia was seething,"I'll get her back if it's the last thing I do!"