Lady Liberty is a French Woman

Sigrid was impressed, if anything. Freya knew how to cover her tracks well. Just well enough that the only clue that Dahlia got of her whereabouts was somewhere on the continental U.S.A.

That brings Sigrid and Erik to New York. It seemed as if Dahlia was willing to search the whole country from top to bottom.
"She doesn't look to American does she Sigi?" Erik's question made the brunette turn to look at the statue towering over her and replied, "That's because Lady Liberty is French. A gift from France to the U.S.A. to symbolize friendship."
Erik chuckled, "I do like French women. Bonjour mademoiselle."
"Come along Erik we mustn't keep Dahlia waiting." Sigrid rolled her eyes as she made her way of the ferry, pushing past people.
The streets of New York were busy and both twins kept up a brisk pace to avoid being trampled by people. Taxi cabs were sighted nearly every time Erik turned. The smell of coffee and engine exhaust accompanied by the loud beeping of cars and people yelling created an orchestra that seemed chaotic from the twins quite demeanor. Yet that didn't seem to bother them. Both brunettes were enticed by the new world around them. Dahlia doesn't like to travel to America. According to her this country drove her sister's husband to condemn his family to a fate worse then death. She says Esther and Mikael turned their children into abominations that curse the very earth they walk upon. Abominations that are hunted by their own father. Esther's bastard son, Niklaus, was absolutely despised by Mikael.

After navigating their way around New York City, climbing a flight of stairs didn't seem to difficult. Dahlia had found an apartment in the upper part of New York City for herself and the twins. It wasn't a small apartment. It was definitely not big but anyone could see the apartment was intended for more then three people. Erik unlocked the door and held it open for his sister to enter before closing it behind them. Both took off their coats before hanging them on the coat rack and moved further into the warmth of the apartment.
A putrid smell became apparent in the kitchen as Sigrid walked in, "If that's dinner I'll pass."
"That's wise. Especially if you don't want to become a brainless, flying monkey." Dahlia told the twins.
" I need men to help me find Freya."
"Why not just use our blood and track her?"
Sigrid asked.
Dahlia growled, "I've tried that. Somehow that little wench has managed to block my magic. So I've decided to bring in some help."
"Ahhh, hence the potion your cooking in your wee little cauldron." Erik humored.
"Don't mock me boy!" Dahlia fired back but Erik knew she wouldn't do anything. She couldn't loose another protégée after Freya ran of.
The next morning Dahlia headed out to assemble her flying monkeys while the twins decided to head to see the famous Empire State Building.
Erik and Sigrid took the elevator to the top of the building and just stood, admiring the view of the city basking in the morning sun. Sigrid pulled out a piece of parchment from her brown crossbody bag and slowly lowered herself to the ground. She spread out the parchment on the ground before setting a phone, keys, a book and her pocket watch on the corners. The parchment seemed to be a map of the U.S.A.  Erik kneeled beside her and raised an eyebrow in question.
"Freya came here to help her family, our family. We shouldn't be looking for Freya we should be looking for our family." Sigrid explained. A look of realization appeared on Erik's face, " Your right. Freya is a powerful witch. She would've already found the Mikealsons by now. Which means wherever they are, Freya will be."
Sigrid nodded, "And if we know where she is, we can tell her where we aren't. Give her time to run."

Erik pulled out a small pocket knife and pricked his finger. Three drops if blood fell on the map before he brought his thumb up to his mouth and sucked on it. After making sure the bleeding had stopped Erik grabbed Sigrid's hands and started chanting. The droplets of blood moved together until they all hovered above Louisiana.
" So the Mikealsons are in the south." Erik mused as he helped Sigrid put everything away. He stood up and straightened his tie before looking out over the city again.
The winds had gotten stronger and colder as a storm rolled in from the south. How ironic. It was like an omen, warning the twins of the danger filled life they were gonna have to face if they followed Freya.

Sigrid tightly wrapped her cardigan around her body in an attempt to maintain warmth, but to no avail. With a huff she joined her brother," The south doesn't seem like their kind of place"
"Indeed. Come we must leave before the rain comes and Dahlia will be mad if we are late to dinner." Erik linked arms with his sister before both of them made their way to the elevator. Both wondering what on earth Freya might be up to or if she has already warned the Mikealsons of Dahlia's immanent danger.
As the duo walked up the stairs to their apartment Erik asked, "Sigi, can we go see Lady Liberty before we leave New York. I want to properly say goodbye to the French women."
And even though Sigrid was cold and bit wet she burst out laughing. She looked at her brother, "Sure we can say goodbye to Lady Liberty. But for your information, she isn't the first Lady Liberty you've seen."
"Really? Where else have I seen another Lady Liberty?"
"In France.
" Oh right! They had a smaller version of Lady Liberty in France. Not as majestic as the one here in New York, but just as beautiful." Erik opened the apartment door for both him and Sigrid.
Dahlia came out of the kitchen, "Good your right on time for dinner."