(Enrollment Arc finale) Chapter 10: Counterattack

After the invaders have been taken care of by the students, the police soon showed up to secure the area and capture the attackers. Tatsumi and another Disciplinary Committee student had arrested Tsukasa as he tried to escape.

Right now, Akiri, Tatsuya, Miyuki, Erika and Leo, along with Mayumi, Mari and Jyumonji, were all gathered around the bed in which Mibu was placed in. She had been treated for the broken bone Erika had given her trying to stop her from running away.

She was explaining to them what happened to her and the other students which were involved in the scheme.

Mibu: For over a year, Captain Tsukasa has been exhorting the kendo to bring about the end of the discrimination by magic. The captain once lured me into the Blanche branch office, as well. Apparently, his older brother is the head of the Japan Branch...

She tightened her fist, gripping onto the bedsheets.

As he was listening on, Akiri noticed that Mayumi and Mari were sneaking glances at him, but he didn't think much of it and ignored it.

Mibu: Not long after I enrolled here, there was an incident where I was discriminated against as a Course 2 student... I think that was why I listened to what the captain said so intently

Akiri then sensed that someone else was listening in and his suspicion was correct as he looked out the window to see Kirihara Takeaki, leaning against the wall.

Tatsuya: What incident was it?

Tatsuya asked and Mibu paused for a moment before she looked down.

Mibu: Um... The kenjutsu team had caused a disturbance, recruiting... And I saw Watanabe-senpai magic sword skills when she suppressed it, which took my breath away... So right away, I asked if she could take me on and advised me, but she just coldly brushed me off...

Mari: What was that?

Everyone had surprised expressions as they turned towards Mari, who was just as shocked herself.

Akiri: That doesn't sound like anything Watanabe-senpai would say

Mibu: It's true. She said, "You're no match for me, so it would be a waste of time. Go pick an opponent you're worthy of." I thought it was probably because I was a Course 2 student. And the thought of that...

Mari: Hey, hold up. I remember what happened that day. Listen, I never brushed you off, all right? If I remember correctly, this is what I told you that day. "With my skills, I could never hope to be a match for you. It would be better if you practices with someone worthy of your skills." Am I wrong?

Mibu went wide-eyed at her statement.

Mayumi: Wait, Mari. So you said you were declining to practice with Mibu-san because she was stronger than you?

Mari: Of course, if magic were involved, my skills might be superior... But Mibu has trained in pure swordsmanship, no way I can beat her with my sword

Mibu: Then... It was all... A misunderstanding... On my part...?

She muttered in disbelief as her eyes well up in tears. Akiri then narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

Akiri: (thoughts) No... There's something else happening here... The way she told us about the incident... She was certain that it was true... Almost too certain...

Mibu: I don't believe this... I'm such an idiot... Just assuming... Misunderstanding you like that... Putting myself down... Wasting a whole year, resenting your kindness...

She said between disheartened sobs, clearly regretting every single decision that she made.

Tatsuya: I don't think it was a waste