Chapter 5

Revelations, Murder, and Changes

(When previewing this chapter, it looked best in black in my opinion)

Conan shook his head, to loose some of the droplets from his hair from the recently settled in drizzle and from the shock received earlier. He clambered down from y/n's lap off his bike, and wobbled off towards the front door. Y/n paused, looking at Conan walking off. If Conan were paying attention he would've heard y/n mumble something inaudible amongst the rain noises, but all Conan heard was what y/n said after the mumble.

"Is it that bad with the bicycle?" Y/n said, eyes narrowing slightly on Conan's tottering figure getting nearer to the front door. 'Now he notices?' Conan thought spitefully. Conan looked back up at y/n standing a few steps away from him in the ever increasing rain. 'Probably only took him a few steps to get there, tall bastard...' Conan thought, suddenly hit with an even blend of jealousy of the other's height and the yearning for his own previously taller figure. They stared at each other, y/n's bike forgotten (it'll get put away later don't worry) next to the stairs leading up to the front porch they stood on. Conan sighed, tilting his head down, before raising it again and answering.

"Yes it's bad with the bicycle, it hurts when I sit on your lap like that." Conan stated easily, having thought this from the start. Y/n hummed thoughtfully, looking down at Conan. 

"Fine." Y/n said, moving past Conan and up to the front door, opening it easily, having not locked it when they left. Y/n stopped and turned around, eyes lingering on the surrounding trees shaking in the stormy wind for a second before moving downwards to meet Conan's. 

"What?" Conan asked, annoyed at the stop. Y/n said nothing, but flicked his eyes back up, then back down, saying nothing. 

"Nothing." Y/n muttered, turning back around and entered through the tall doorway. Conan lingered on the front porch, protected by the roof above, with thoughts plaguing his mind. Though he was aware that there was so much he didn't know about his friend in the four years he's known him but that from earlier... it still left Conan with a bitter taste in his mouth and a firm reminder that even with how close they seemed, he knew next to nothing about y/n. He was almost a stranger at this point. A stranger he was now going to stay with until further notice. A stranger who has a severe dislike for "brats" for god knows what reason. 

'It's only been a day, but there's so many changes happening all at a moments notice...' Conan thought, thinking about what happened prior...

(Ah, yeah but before that, I updated y/n's house. [I'll just leave the updated version after this note]. The half-assed-ness of the first draw-up really bothered me so I asked my friend Shiz for some help, and we had fun working it out on this floorplan-maker-site-thingy. We even added furniture! (Shiz insisted, that perfectionist, smh...) But since this is a xreader ofc you can just imagine it however you want, but in the future I might get specific with my descriptions in the house, so for your happy reading pls just accept the floorplan haha...(Oh and Shiz says hi))