Chapter 6: Departure

Senpai awoke to find his body wasn't corrupted looking anymore. The bed was stained with a bit of pink, but other then that there was no trace of what had happened last night.

"Morning. Sleep well?" Zardy was standing there, a small smile on his face as he spoke.

"Hmm... I think I did!"

"Good, you should get some breakfast before we leave. Take all your stuff with, we probably won't come back in here."

     Senpai grabbed his bag only to find it was open, and it looked like someone went through his stuff.

"Zardy... did someone go through my things last night?"

"Yeah, I got bored and I was hoping you'd have something to kill time in there."

"You could've asked before you went through my stuff..!"

"Yeah, but you were sleeping, I didn't want to wake you."

     Senpai seemed satisfied with that response, and the two went to get something to eat. They entered the main room abd Zardy almost got hit by a chair being thrown. The room was a mess, things were thrown all over the place and in the middle of said mess was Daddy Dearest and Spirit fighting.

"THAT'S FOR TRAPPING ME IN SOME SHITTY DATING SIM FOR 14 YEARS!" Spirit screamed, and Senpai quickly ignored the entire situation as Hex greeted them cheerfully.

"Good morning you two! Sorry about... all of this, our leaders are still sleeping and I don't know what to do... But anyway! You guys want breakfast? I baked cornbread!"

"Cornbread?" The two said in unison.

"You guys have never had cornbread before?"

"I didn't realize you could make bread out of corn..!" Zardy exclaimed.

"What's corn?" Senpai asked, and Hex quickly went into the pantry and grabbed an ear of corn.

"This is corn! You cook it and eat it!"

"That corn doesn't have any leaves on it, meaning it was already peeled." Zardy added.

"Ooo! Is it good tasting?"

"Best thing I've ever eaten, trust me. Can we bring some with us? It'd be great for snacking on, and it's easy to cook." Zardy asked.

"I don't see why not! I'll put some in my bag!"

     Hex grabbed a piece of cornbread for Zardy and Senpai before grabbing some corn and putting it in his bag, a plastic bag like the one's you get at grocery stores.

"This is really good!" Senpai exclaimed as he ate, they had to sit on the ground since Spirit and Daddy Dearest were still fighting and throwing stuff.

"Doesn't taste like corn but it's still pretty tasty!" Zardy agreed as they ate.

     Another object was thrown, but instead of it hitting the ground it hit a person. Said person was Ruv, who had blocked it from hitting Sarv instead.

"What is going on here!?" Sarv exclaimed as she looked at the mess, Senpai and Zardy weren't even trying to stop them, Hex was baking of all things and Spirit and Daddy Dearest had single handedly destroyed the safehouse.

"HE STARTED IT!" The two screamed in unison, and Senpai and Zardy shrugged.

"OH DON'T EVEN SPOUT THAT BULLSHIT YOUR THE ONE WHO STARTED YELLING AND THROWING SHIT AT ME!"

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T TRAPPED ME IN SOME SHITTY DATING SIMULATOR FOR 14 FUCKING YEARS I WOULDN'T BE SO PISSED!"

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN ME A REASON TO!"

"I DIDN'T YOU-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Someone shouted, and everyone quickly turned around to see Whitty was standing there, pissed off as he screamed.

"WHY DON'T YOU BOTH JUST WAKE UP THE WHOLE FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD, LET EVERYONE KNOW OUR LOCATION HUH!? YOUR BOTH SHIT PEOPLE, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW!"

     Carol walked into the room, and saw the mess and a visibly upset Whitty. She grabbed his hand in an attempt to calm him, which somewhat worked.

"Look, we don't have time for your fighting." Ruv explained calmly. "Either form a truce or leave, we don't need uncooperative people here."

"Fine. Whatever, truce, for now..?"

"Only for now, don't get your hopes up  this isn't gonna last."

     The rest of the morning was quiet, everyone woke up, questioned the mess, got no response and went to eat. Eventually everyone was ready to go, and since Tankman was the only one who knew where the base was, he ended up leading them all as they went off on their journey.