05| I Imagined... (Part Two)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Yes, you're my fantasy. The stories, the thoughts. Its just my mind meeting my desire; but what I would give to have it come true? To see you and feel you?..To be with you?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[Bae Daeji |05

My face was sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through my system was shutting down my ability to think logically or even speak. I was totally incapacitated with fear. He imagined meeting me, which meant he have been following me for God knows how long. Was he the man who watched me that night?

Finally, he backed up and walked casually out of the room. I never dared to go after him and yell in the process. A lone tear traced down my cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. I wept, tears streaming down; covering the dried ones.

And just like that, I realized my life was in danger.

Hours later, my eyes were swollen from the tears shed just moments ago, i let out shaky breaths. The soft sheets surrounding me provided warm comfort as I swung my legs up towards my chest, gripping onto the pillow beside me. I was exhausted. As my eyes began to shut, I discovered something eerie.

The blue and white painted walls, the wall posters of bands. This was my room. Everything that reminded me of my childhood was here, nothing was missing, nothing was different. Was I hallucinating? No. I wasn't, and the bed I laid on was exactly the same. Lisa's bed was at the other side of the room too. I watched this house grow old. So old nothing was usable, but everything here was brand new.

The man with glasses. I'm totally sure he did this, but how and why? I sat up, wanting to stand but one of my hand was still handcuffed to the bed. I just wanted to see one thing. I knelt on my bed and looked through the glass window. Up ahead was Taehyung's House where he lived with his mother and grandmother. It was old now and also abandoned. Most houses on this street were no longer of use to people. I was back to my childhood home and it looked perfect to start a life. What was all this?!

"Are you really dead, Tae?" I asked myself like I'll get an answer. I inhaled deeply before letting it out. I didn't want to cry again. I was sure the police were looking for me. Yes. When they find me, I'll find Taehyung and my sister too. Not forgetting my mom and dad. I'm sure they already miss me.

I quickly positioned myself to sit when I heard the door unlocking. There he was; smiling like he had something to live for. "Beloved." he called shamelessly. "I brought you dinner."

"I don't need your food." I said calmly. "Just let me go. Please."

"But you're hungr-"

"My hunger doesn't matter!" I yelled before gesturing my hands all over the room "What is this?! My room, the wall posters, my cupboard, my sister's bed and even the wall paintings."

He closed his eyes and smiled. He dropped the food on a table before coming to sit next to me on the bed. I shifted a bit, leaving space between us. "I'll never hurt you, Daeji." he said ever so calmly. "You don't remember, do you?"

I turned my messy head to him and tilted my head. "What?"

He faked a laugh and took off his glasses. "I never knew I was that invincible to you." he paused. "Beloved....I-I've always loved you. I kept myself for you."