Chapter 12

Her fingers traced the window glass as she stared outside the building. Her eyes swollen and mind blank, she focused on counting the number of windows of the building outside. She drank some beer from the bottle she was holding with her right hand and looked back at the building outside. Realizing that she lost the count, Y/N sighed and looked at the five beer bottles she kept neatly on the ground. Taking a last sip of her sixth bottle, she rubbed her eyes and got up, wavering at her feet lightly. She stumbled and fell on the bed, eyes going on the door which then turned towards the wall clock. Hyunsu was late.

She was feeling drowsy and was about to close her eyes, when she heard loud whistles coming from outside. Immediately getting up, which gave her a headache for a moment, Y/N rushed out of her room with two empty beer bottles. As soon as she came near the lobby, her eyes searched for the monster which might be lurking around. And she found it coming...out of Hyunsu's room. A monster slowly walked out of the room. It's whole body was covered with hair, had enlarged eyes, red skin, and sharp teeth. The face was familiar.

Y/N had a pretty good idea who it might be ofcourse. Someone who wore a wig and longed for hair. Someone who was abusive. 

Mr. Kim Seokhyeon. 

Everyone soon gathered around in the room. Eunhyuk rushed out of the control room as well holding a bat. The sight of him filled Y/N with anger. He still...looked unbothered. Holding the bottles tight, she started walking towards the monster but fell on the way, feeling a strong tug on her hand. 

Looking back, she realized it was Eunhyuk. As she was trying to understand the string of words he was muttering with his low voice, the bottles fell from her hand. It made the monster turn towards them. It was then when she realized the gravity of the situation. Her eyes fixated on the monster, she was once again unable to move. Eunhyuk pulled her and stood in front of her getting into a stance holding his bat, ready to bash his head in.

"Stop, it's my husband."

Y/N finally came to her senses. The woman was walking towards her husband. If there was anything that she despised about the lady was how she never stood up against her husband. And she was going to do it again.

Except, she didn't. 

For the next few minutes, Y/N or anyone in the building didn't interfere. Mrs. Kim was beating up her husband with an iron rod with all her might. The emotions that she suppressed all those times she was abused, started pouring out. 

And then they saw Hyunsu slowly walking in. A sharp pain of guilt filled her heart as she looked at the boy staring at the body of the monster lying on the ground. Dropping his bag on the floor, he silently limped into his room.

Limped.

Y/N immediately pulled her hand from Eunhyuk's grasp and rushed to get the medical kits. He watched as she walked away and came back holding a box of band-aids and a wet cloth. She stopped by him, feeling his eyes on her while the rest of the residents focused on moving the body away. "I..don't have enough hands to bring in the rest," she said, her words slurred.

"You don't need to-" he tried to take away the band aids again but was pushed harshly back by the girl. 

"No, you need to stay out of my business," she shouted. Eunhyuk felt embarrassed. She was...drunk. And everyone heard her. But more than all of it, he felt a tinge...of anger in him. Deciding it was better to go back in the control room, he dashed out of the lobby. 

She ignored him and continued to walk. After entering the room, Y/N found the boy sitting quietly. She tried to crouch and eventually fell down on the ground, which made Hyunsu notice her presence. He hurried towards her and was about to help her get up but stopped by his steps.