Letter One: 가

May 22nd, 20217:00 PM

May 22nd, 2021
7:00 PM

Dear Lee Jeno,

How are you? It's been a long time since we talked, so I wanted to make sure you're doing okay. Of course, being in a new place must be scary. I'm sure you're fine though. You were always so strong.

It must be peaceful there—beautiful, serene. It's hard to find such scenery here. Every inch here is stained with some shade, tainting the whites. You can probably see that.

It's only been one month since you left, but I already miss you. It hurts me to be without you. We spent our whole lives together. You were the only one I was afraid of losing. I guess I haven't truly lost you, though.

This letter makes me feel like you're close by, standing right next to me as I pour out my thoughts. I can only imagine the smile on your face, widening as your starry eyes disappear. I always found that cute. How could people have ever thought you're scary when you smiled like that?

I'm watching the sunset right now, watching the arrays of blues meld with the pinks instead of working. It feels as though realities are shifting at this moment—as though if I close my eyes, I could see you standing in white.

You must be wondering how I'm doing, right? I should've told you this earlier. I'm not the brightest—you know that.

I'm doing great. Don't worry about me, okay. Yes, it's hard here. It's life though. I'm doing well, and that's all I say. So don't worry, Nono. You always worried too much.

I'll continue to write these often, okay? I'm tired right now, so I'll go sleep. Have fun, Lee Jeno. Until I write again!

Forever With You
Ji Hagyeol
지하결

Forever With YouJi Hagyeol지하결