5

I had only just realised that I dosed off when I woke up to an alarm. The door to my cell was open. I don't know who had opened it, and fleeing with a possibly broken leg seemed ridiculous, but it was better then being held captive.

I put my book back and hobbled over to the wall. All the children and Ymbrynes had gotten out of their cages. Now they were full-on stampeding down the thin corridor, while being chased by guards.

I quickly blended in and started to run, only to find myself on the floor again, pain in my leg. I don't know how, but Ms. Mandelya had really damaged my leg. Like, I could not walk.
'You need some help?' said a voice, pulling me up.
'Thanks.' I said only to find myself looking at Emma in the eyes.
She looked like she had seen a ghost. I mean, wouldn't you if you had just seen your supposedly dead friend?
'K-Katelyn...is that you or am I losing my mind.'
'No, no, no. Emma, it's me. I can promise you that you are not losing your mind.'
She helped me up and was about to say something, when we heard a terribly familiar voice say, 'DON'T LET THEM TAKE THE GIRL!'
It was Ms. Mandelya. She wasn't going to give me up that easily.

'Oh you can get her back over my dead body!' said Emma.
'Stay behind me.' she said as she made a large flame in each hand.
'Gladly, GUARDS!'
'Emma what's going-'
My eyes widened. I knew that voice anywhere.
'M-Millard?'
His jaw opened in shock, and his eyes were also wide.
'Millard, take Katelyn to the others.' said Emma, still in defence.
He quickly nodded, took me by the arm and started to run.

We suddenly stopped around half way.
'I know this isn't where we're supposed to be, but I just need to look at you. To prove that my eyes aren't just playing tricks on me.'
'Millard, Emma saw me too. You're perfectly normal. Well, on that topic, not exactly normal if you know what I-'
But I never finished, because Millard had grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug.