Baby Diary

Ji Sung froze for a few minutes and later realized that  Gae In's tummy was growling. 

" Yeobo... how long?  "

" Hmmm 7 weeks? I only found out ..that's why I was excited to come home and show this to you." 

He leaned closer to her and embraced her tight. 

" You complete me... thank you. I cannot wait to meet this baby. Hold on, what food are you craving right now?" 

" I feel like some tuna and cheese sandwich, and can I have vanilla ice cream too? "

" Yes of course, let me  buy them first. Any fruit juice?" 

" If they have lychee , I'd like one , and make sure it's cold." 

 Ji Sung quickly went to the convenient store and luckily they sell hot food. He got himself a hotdog and cheese in a bun, some fries and iced cold lemonade, and got Gae In's order. 

Gae In finished that big sandwich in less than 10 minutes and was chomping the vanilla ice cream while Ji Sung was still finishing his one. 

" You must be hungry, is there anything else?" 

" Hmm no I am fine, so far I haven't had morning sickness, it's more on getting dizzy and light headaches." 

" I better drop and pick you up from work from now on, since we have to wait for the insurance to replace your new SUV." 

" I can take a cab, also there are days when our shifts are not the same." 

" It doesn't matter, I want you safe  and our baby. By the way, that guy is now in custody. If I am not working for the NIS, maybe I would have given him a big  punch. " 

" It's ok, he will pay for what he's done. "

" It's late, I brought you some essentials, c'mon I will take you to the bathroom so you can wash up and brush your teeth. " 

 Gae In slept like a baby that evening. Ji Sung settled on the couch and was waking up every 4 hours since the nurse would come and check her vitals. 

" Sir I think your wife is fine, let's wait for her doctor  and find out if she's good to go." 

" Thank you Nurse Oh." 

Dr. Kim made his rounds and gave Gae In a clean slate of health.  Ji Sung rang his office and asked if he can take the day off since  he has to look after her during the day. Gae In was advised  by her doctor to rest for a few days as well.

 Ji Sung's Friday  started with a long list of grocery.  Gae In wanted some Kimchi stew and fried spicy pork chop, and of course rice and bachan.  Ji Sung also bought a selection of seafood, and 2 flavors of Gae In's favorite  sugar free ice cream since she's been really craving for it. 

" Yeobo, I got everything here. I will make the kimchi stew and will put the pork chops in the air fryer shortly. We still have plenty of rice, so just relax and watch TV." 

" Sorry I could not help you, I think  the concussion will  take time. Can we take a dip later in the jacuzzi? " 

" Is that good for your sprain? It looks like it still swelling. " 

" Oh yeah I totally forgot.Is it ok if you hand me the ice pack? " 

 Ji Sung's life turned 360 in the last 3 days.  Gae In's  father and brother paid her a visit  and brought her  Korean melons, which are her favorite.  They were so happy that Gae In is on the family way. The Hwangs from next door also came and  Ji Sung's mother cooked  galbijjim for them.