The Mistress of New Baghdad

Something had drawn Nimue to the market that evening, despite having been there just that morning. A nagging feeling of having to find something important had forced her up out of her bed and out onto the bustling streets of New Baghdad.

Nimue had been to the market more times than she cared to count, but never before had it been this crowded, and that was saying something for the bazaars of New Baghdad. Her petite stature allowed her to manoeuvre through the flock of people like an eel, her hand keeping a tight hold on the satchel of coins at her waist. It wasn't long before she found out the reason for the massive gathering, gypsies.

A caravan of the travelling performers had arrived that morning, from what she could pick out of the conversations around her, and had begun displaying their wares and talents for the people of New Baghdad. She could tell when the show changed, a hush coming over the people, and the bazaar became unnaturally quiet. The silence was broken by the skilled fingers over a playing a trill upon the sitar, a flute joining, the players performing with equal mastery of their instrument.

The music drew her in like a moth to the flame, pushing through the crowds to reach the drums and sitars.

She stumbled to the front of the crowd, landing face first into the circle of musicians and dancers, her eyes happened upon the ones who had bewitched her ears, and now her heart. Sitting in the shadows of the dancers was a pair of young men, the mirror image of each other with the exception of their instrument. The closest looked at her with mischief in his eyes, his fingers flying over the strings of his sitar as though he were Apollo gifting mankind with the music of his lyre. The other followed the gaze of the first and watched her with the very same wonder she knew was on her own face.

Her eyes watched keenly as they rose from their place behind the gilded girls gliding over the stage, weaving through them as if a part of the dance themselves, their movements in perfect harmony, their music growing in intensity, making her heart feel as if it would burst. She rose from the ground, a powerful urge compelling her, one she did not fight, and she went to them, her feet dancing to their song, moving with beauty and grace she did not even know she was capable of. As she drew close, her hands brushed over them, sparks of red erupting from the sitarist and ones of blue flowing from the flautist, the night's air whirring around her body like fireflies as she danced.

The music jumped in tempo, becoming one that drove her body into a wanton flow of movements, her dance changing from that of the dancers from before to one of passionate seduction and carnal desires. Her eyes darted between the two males and she laughed, her voice adding to the song as she felt a freedom unlike any she had ever known. Just as suddenly as the music had started it stopped, the crowd swaying in a trance and readily gave generously of the coins they had, the dancers gathering the gold and silver into baskets.

Nimue could not bring herself to move, her gaze locked with the mysterious musicians who had, by some sorcery she was sure, bewitched her so completely. She did not resist when they each took one of her hands, leading her away from the crowd, the dancers following with the baskets of coins, a snake woman taking their place before the crowd. The dancers passed them upon reaching the tent, entering with the baskets and exiting empty.

"We have searched for you, and here you are sweet Muse." The flautist whispered in her ear, his hands slowly undoing the laces that held her blouse together.

The sitarist was suddenly behind her, his lips brushing her neck and she shivered as his hands moved to slide her sleeves down her arm, her chest bared for them but it all felt right, as if she had been saving this just for them. Something fluttered in her heart and she looked into the eyes of the flautist, something vaguely flitting through her mind.

"Jibril" She muttered the name breathily as he kissed a path between her breasts his hands cupping her hips and he kissed the birthmark just above the hem of her skirt on the left of her stomach, his tongue darting over it. Her back bowed as though a current had struck her, her knees buckling, only Jibril's grip keeping her up. 

"You remember him little Muse, but do you remember me?"She felt her head being turned, the deep, entrancing eyes of the sitarist drawing her down and she responded before she could truly think of what she was saying.

"Tareq"

He rewarded her by stealing her lips and she groaned, his tongue taking advantage of her parted lips to go exploring, the taste of warm spices and something familiar exploding in her mouth and she responded as though she had kissed him a million times before despite this being her first kiss. Jibril's hands tugged on the hem of her skirt, lifting her feet out of it gently and she shifted, twisting her body as if to hide herself from the heat of his direct gaze, breaking the kiss with Tareq. 

"I can't." Her head and body both protested her words as she pushed them away, her thoughts swimming in a heated pool of confusion. She could not fathom what was going on, nor could she piece together the bits of memories that she knew were never hers.

"You have scared her Jibril. What did I tell you about rushing?" The man looked up unapologetically as he rose, pulling his own robe off and wrapping it around her, preferring to see her in his clothing than her own. 

"You know us little Nimue. And we know you. We have known each other through every lifetime, and in each life we have loved each other. Let us love you again sweet Muse."

Her heart knew that what Jibril spoke was the truth and she took his outstretched hand, letting her lead her to the oversized cot. As Tareq joined them and their bodies became intertwined once more, she couldn't help but think one thing. 

This was what she was looking for.

********************************************************************

Author's Note

Hey guys! Here's the new oneshot! Sorry it took so long but it's up now and I hope you really enjoy it. 

If this gets enough likes I may do a full R rated version of it but I felt like ending it here for now. Hope all my chocolate sprinkles have a good time reading it! 

Love you guys! xoxoxo

Shakespeare's Demon out!