EPISODE 2 - CASTING

EPISODE 2

TITLES:

CASTING

FADE IN:

FRED BORK (PRE-LAP)
Tell me about you...

INT - UDA STUDIO - REHEARSAL ROOM - NIGHT

The warm lights from the ceiling lamps shine on the wood of the floor and on the tables and chairs — also in wood — in an ample room capable of hosting auditions for teathre and cinema. In this case, UDA talent, with the help of Trickster Switch, are hosting auditions for the part of a BROKEN CHILD.

There's two children here already, a tender little venus-like GIRL (9) named MARIKA BORK, and a tender yet athletic and robust BOY (12) named MARKEL FROSTERA.

The other is a young adult SHELDORAPTOR LUMEN dromaeosaurian creature from SHELDER, named FRED BORK.

MARIKA: My name is Marika and I am nine years old. I am a performer for Trickster Switch, and I occasionally act. I have been pre-selected for this production of Road to Hastral and I am here to help with auditions for the part of the broken child, brother of the part I will be acting: the urm... 'fallen venus'.

The Raptor BORKS in his language of approval for the presentation and flaps his wings...

FRED: (flapping) Amazing, Marika, really amazing! What about you, Markel?

The boy looks at Fred from above his shoulder, crossed arms and fringe covering his eye. 

MARKEL: (sighing) My name is Markel. I am twelve years old, and I am in love with Marika. I also play the part of the broken preteen in love with the... urm... 'fallen venus'.

The Raptor giggles in raptorish and returns to Marika:

FRED: We have here a candidate auditioner to play the part of the broken child, a boy of urr... eight, with a dark past but an infinite sensibility and empathy, and a stunning little body. 

PAN TO: 

The door to the ample room opens and a mother with a LEAN BOY (8) enter the room and take off their coats and hang them and the clothes hanger. They look motivated and pumped. Have they heard the audition presentations?

FRED: Welcome! You're here for the broken child audition?

MOTHER: Yes. My son would like to try for the part of the broken child and enter the cast.

Fred looks at Marika, excited and smiling as always, and at Markel, brooding and searching. He goes back to the Mother:

FRED: Excellent! Are you aware of the scene we are going to play? Our structure?

MOTHER: We are aware of the 'Save the Cat' structure but we are not aware of the scene.

FRED: That's fine! So who's the candidate?

MOTHER: Wayne is eight and a half and forty-five kilograms per one-forty. 

WAYNE: I can play drama, romance, action, adventure, thriller, horror, and sci-fi.

Fred looks at Marika and Markel, both approving, and back at Wayne.

FRED: Can you play both comedy and tragedy?

WAYNE: Yes, sir!

FRED: Excellent. (relaxing) The scene in question is about you, broken child, being asked your sister's hand by this handsome young gentleman, the prince warrior, played by Markel (indicates him) do you understand what I mean?