leaving

It was Friday. Time to pack and leave this ship. Leave Seaquest and every memory I've had here. I never expected to have many friends because I've done missions like this before with other ships. People didn't think to get close to me. They just spoke to me like a regular co worker.

    I felt attached with Seaquest. With Lonnie, Piccolo, Ford, The Captain, and most of all Lucas. Lucas Wolenczak. I've always found him cute but I never thought we'd end up kissing.

   I heard a knock on the door while I pack.

   "Come in!" I shouted. The door opened at it was Lonnie. "Hey Y/n, ready for tonight? Piccolo said it's gonna be one hell of a party." She said. She then looks at the bags I've packed.

   "Y/n, are you leaving?" She said. "Yeah. I've actually got to start college and everything. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I'm still going to the party though." I said. Well, I was supposed to start college and my father had the money but he told me if I wanted to go to college I had to do this mission.

   She hugged me, I hugged her back. "It was nice to have you here at Seaquest. You're a good friend." She said "Lucas must be really sad." I said. "Honey, I'm pretty sure everyone will be. You're one smart girl." "Thanks Henderson."

   "Now let me help you bring your bags. Does the Captain know?" She asked. "Yeah he does." "Alright then, c'mon. Let's get dressed up together." She said.

• on land •

    I was walking next to Lucas. I see him frowning. He was really sad to hear that I'm leaving. "Lucas, c'mon cheer up. We could vid-link maybe." I said. "Yeah, maybe." He said. We all continue to walk to our hotel. I didn't think my father would make this such a big deal. Well it is Seaquest but why this big of a deal?