19. Chapter ~ 19 World Truth

Erwin glanced at him. "Is there anything you need?"

Eren saluted, trying to suppress the nervousness he suddenly felt. "Yes sir. I have something to discuss with you. In private. Where no one else can hear us."

The other scouts looked at him curiously, while Erwin studied him.

Erwin nodded. "Very good."

※ ------- ※

A few moments later, Eren and Erwin were seen riding one of the wooden elevators near the edge of the Trost District and on top of the wall.

"This should be secret enough, there is absolutely no way anyone could eavesdrop on us here." Said Erwin while glancing at the city.

After that, Erwin looked at him seriously.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?"

Eren swallowed hard, trying to make his face look blank.

"Earlier, you asked us if we were ready to give our lives for mankind, I would like to ask you the same thing."

"Are you willing to risk your life to protect those on the wall? Are you ready to do it? What is necessary for our survival, even if it means facing unknown dangers, or even rebelling against the government?"

Erwin was silent for a few moments, not long after that he answered.

"I am ready to do whatever it takes to ensure the future of humanity, if rebelling against the government is necessary to achieve this, so be it."

Eren stared off into the distance, gave him a little glance and started talking ...

"Very well. The following conversation never took place. If anyone asked you what I spoke to you here, you would tell them that I told you how I witnessed my mother's death during the initial offense five years ago, and ask about your experiences as Survey Corps to strengthen my resolve. "

Erwin considered this for a moment before nodding his head.

"Fine. So what do you have to tell me?"

Eren took a deep breath. This is it.

"I was the Titan carrying the boulder that day."

"I see. Are you human, or Titan?" Erwin's eyes widened, but he managed to keep his expression neutral.

"I am a human with the strength of the Titans, there are nine people like me in this world and they are the key to what is happening right now." Eren shook his head.

Eren paused before starting his story.

"Many centuries ago, the power of the Titans was under the control of the country known as the Eldian Empire."

"They use this power to maintain control and order, and often use it to ruthlessly crush their enemies."

"Finally, the Eldians started fighting amongst themselves, and this is their downfall."

"The Marleyans, one of the races the Eldians had conquered, saw an opportunity to overthrow their oppressor, and with the help of the sympathetic Eldian family who possessed one of the Titan powers, the Marleyans succeeded in destroying the Eldian empire."

Erwin remained silent, which Eren was very grateful for.

"The Marleyans control the seven Titan powers. Of the remaining two, one is missing."

"Everything else belongs to King Eldia ... This power is known as the Founding Titan, and is by far the most powerful and the most dangerous. With this power, the user can create and control Titans at will."