Chongyun: Yin & Yang Pt. 3

Hope this story was enjoyable. I tried..

(1385 words)

———

After that diabolical experience, they both decided to take a breather before going through another gruesome task which they were expecting.

"After this, what do you plan on doing?"

Chongyun asked her. She shrugged, bringing her knees close to her chest, "I'll go back to my clan perhaps i'll leave and start over. Travelling alone to distant places for myself. Not for some group of hooligans." 

Chongyun perked his head towards her "You're part of a clan? What do they do?"

"Nothing important, just hunting for artifacts and cause trouble to be frank. Though i do't participate in any activity unless the reward is to my liking." She responded

"I see."

She sighed, "I'm tired of doing odd jobs and risking my life for others. Once this is over, i'm on my own."

"Right."

"What about you?" She asked

"Me? I'll continue doing my job as an exorcist back in liyue. Once i get back I'll definitely make a stop at the Wanmin restaurant with my friend."

"Huh, that must be nice." she whispered

"Don't you have any friends to hang out with?"

Chongyun questioned her, hitting the nail on her head. She often felt lonely but kept a cold tough demeanor. That was all an act to avoid getting hurt. She kept her guard up at all times evidently.

she held a frown "Hmph, forget it. People come and go, i have no interest in making friends" she spoke coldly.

Chongyun felt sad for her but didn't express it, he always had a stoic exterior beneath all that was a sea of emotions he had to keep under control. He knew there was more where that came from

"I think i can stand on my two feet now, let's just get this over with. Time is of the essence." She quoted. He nodded and went along with her.

"Hang on, i thought there would be evil spirits or demons lurking in this area, how come we havent encountered any?"

"Ah, I believe it has something to do with my condition that I mentioned earlier. I have high yang energy which means my presence is enough to drive the spirits away."

"Oh, so you can't help being obnoxiously optimistic." She sighed

"Hey, atleast i'm not constantly whining and being a brute like you." He protested

"Tsk, whatever. Say what you want, I don't care. Just get your optimistic ass over here and do what you do best." She spoke curtly dismissing his insult.

His face fell after saying those words, he lost his temper there for a moment. He didn't mean to be rude.

 They both continued in silence after that little spat.

————-

The Third eye amulet. It said to have contained a demonic spirit that was once freely roaming the streets terrorizing people into insanity. It was  finally within their grasp. They stood before it, surveying it.  It's thin chain besmirched by blood, along with an eye for a charm. It held a robust dark aura around it, Chongyun could sense it from a mile away.

The demon's eye is the charm of the amulet.

"Eugh, that's disturbing." She shuddered, as she stared at the crimson eye. She picked it up examining it intently. It's pupil was shaped like a pentagram and it's ebony sclera was unsettling. She yelped in fear as the eye suddenly looked straight at her, causing her to drop the amulet on the ground.