Fatal love

Please feel free to mentally change the pronouns etc to your preferred ones :)

Flashback to 1st September 1989

It was your first day going to Hogwarts you were a bit nervous. Not only were you an only child but you also didn't know anybody there. Whilst making your way down to the Great Hall, you were bombarded by two tall gingers. "Hey lost girl I'm Fred and he's-" "George" George chimed in with a soft, welcoming smile. "Hey I'm Y/N" you said nervously, you didn't want to create a bad impression on your first day especially when Fred and George were the first people who had actually spoken to you. "So Y/N what house do you think you'll be sorted into?" George questioned. "Do you reckon it'll be Gryffindor?" added Fred. "Please call me Y/N/N" you said with a smile "and honestly? I'm not sure" you said after pausing pondering on what to say.

         When you, Fred, George and the other students got into the Great Hall, everyone took their seats whilst Dumbledore gave his speech. Shortly after, each student got called up to be sorted. Fred was called first but him and George decided to go up as the opposite twin, fortunately for them, they were both sorted into Gryffindor. When the time came for you to go up to the Sorting Hat, you waited for a few moments before the Sorting Hat bellowed "Slytherin".  As you made your way back down to the table to sit next to Fred and George you noticed that they both had a slight look of disappointment. "What's wrong?" you asked in a concerned tone. They both just shrugged it off and continued to watch as the other students went to get sorted.

         More time passed with you being confused as to why the twins were acting off. After each student was sorted into their correct houses masses of food had appeared on the tables in front of you. When you reached for a chicken leg Fred snatched it before you could get it so you reached for a different piece of chicken but George decided to take that piece. "Gee thanks guys, I really appreciate the generosity you're both showing" you said sarcastically whilst rolling your eyes. "No worries- lost girl" George started with Fred finishing as they laughed it off. 

          By the time everybody had finished eating it was time to head to the dorm rooms. Fred and George both insisted they lead you to the Slytherin dungeon. Along the way, you got to know Fred and George enough to call them your friends. "So I guess this is where we part ways," George said with a cheerful expression, "Yeah I guess it is" you responded with a smile, "Be sure not to miss us too much Y/N/N!" Fred chuckled, "Don't worry I won't" you giggled to yourself as you turned to make your way into the Slytherin Common Room. You looked back once more to watch Fred and George leave but were too lost in thought to notice that Fred and George had both stopped for a moment to bicker between each other over who they think you preferred. 

          Once you finally closed the door behind you, you made your way over to the slightly worn leather sofa and you sat yourself down just so you could collect your thoughts about the day you'd had.

Flash forward to 2nd April 1996 

It was the day of the OWLs so you were feeling both excited and nervous. You wanted to see Fred and George but they had told you not to disturb them because they were going to "study" but you knew that studying meant they were up to no good. You decided it best to write your morning thoughts in today's diary entry. Once you'd finished writing them out you decided to focus on making yourself look presentable so you did your normal morning routine; brushed your hair, cleaned your teeth, did a small amount of makeup, got dressed. 

          You made your way down to the Slytherin Common Room where you were yet again targeted by Draco and his groupies, even though they were younger than you, their words still hurt. "Why the hell are you wearing makeup fat ass, it's not going to make your face look any better" Draco instigated followed by a patronizing wave of snickers. "You really think weaslebee is going to want you looking like" Pansy looked you up and down "that?" she scoffed causing Draco to smirk at the thought of you wanting to date someone he deemed as a blood traitor. Yet again you tried brushing the words they said off but today was overwhelming enough with the added stresses of the OWLs and not being able to see the twins. "Leave me the hell alone ferret boy I've already got enough stresses as it is without you and your groupies adding on to that! Now if you don't mind" you went to leave but got stopped by dumb and dumber (aka Crabbe and Goyle).